Big Horn delivery - 3rd party add-ons

Gary Steeves

I recently took delivery of a 3370RL Big Horn. Having had a Landmark Mt. Rushmore, I specified a Dometic, automatic awning as was installed on the Mt. Rushmore. I also ordered the optional factory installed slide awnings.

The dealer was to order the unit from the factory without the main awning, then install the specified automatic awning at the dealership. What I got was an electric Carefree awning with no wind sensor, no remote and no cover over the rolled-up awning. And the extend/retract switch was installed in the garage - which I had them relocate inside.

I also got dealer installed Carefree awnings over the slides - not factory installed as expected/ordered.

My choice was to not accept delivery - but we had a trip scheduled and went ahead with the deal. I have tried to get re-imbursement for the difference in value of the awnings, but to no avail.

We really love the 3370RL - even more so than the Mt. Rushmore (surprise !).

I just wanted to post this experience so others might avoid a dealer installing 3rd party equipment without notifying you of the change, or giving you the opportunity to make a different decision prior to delivery.

....buyer beware !!! :confused:

Country

Can you tell me what dealer. You can PM me if you do not wish to post this info. We are going to order from a dealer near NC and want to make sure it's not the one you're speaking of.
Thanks