2013 2950rk

rnewk52

Greetings to all;
Our friends are considering a 2013 BC 2950RK and have a question for anyone who has this model or has physically seen this model.
Apparently between the 2012 and 2013 models the fridge was moved from the back wall to the rear corner of the ODS slide. Their
question is exactly how much room is there between the dining chairs and the fridge in the 2013 model. They are kicking themselves for
not buying the 2012 when they had the chance.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and any opinions, good or bad, would be welcome also.

Thanks in advance. This is THE forum to get honest and truthful info.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't help you with your question directly, but a call to Heartland might answer that question.
One other point is that they will be able to tell you if a dealer has one in your area.
And they may also be able to tell you who might have a leftover 2012.

Peace
Dave

ChangingPlaces

We have a 2011 model 2950rk. I have seen the new model floorplan on the web. As far as I can see with the fridge on the slideout there would be less room for the couch and table or dinnette. We are very happy with our rig, there is plenty of room on the slide out for seating for meals etc. I don't know why they would change it, but we are glad we have our model and it works very well for us. There must be a 2012 model around somewhere for your friends.
Good luck. Cheers Paul

Crumgater

With the fridge in the slide, I would think you'd have better access to loading the fridge with the slides in.
Do you have to open the slides to load/unload the fridge in the 2011?

Tanuki

We have a 2012 2950rk. Bought in June off the lot. Believe the build date was February. It has the fridge in the slide. Apparently BC changed up the floor plan mid-model year. I know that for a while the Heartland website had both floorplans up; I think they designated the new one with an "F". They made the slideout longer. It is flush with the cabinets in the rear kitchen as well as the front entertainment center. There is no question that the dining room table seating is snug, but with the leaf in the table you gain both elbow room and are no longer up against the fridge and sofa.

We love it. They also swapped the position of the range and the sink and centered the rear window over the sink. Seems much brighter than the old design (which we saw at another dealer) and it creates maybe 25-30% more cabinet, drawer and counter space. It was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted access to the fridge with the slides retracted and we wanted a rear kitchen because of the extra counter space that you usually see with that configuration. My DW didn't like designs with a center line island or peninsula; made her claustrophobic and was definitely not conducive to having more than one cook in the kitchen. ;) We stop at a lot of farm stands and markets and like to be able to put things away or picnic on the road without having to put the slides out or plan ahead. This works perfect for us.

Actually, we're thinking of taking out two of the dining room chairs and turning the table so that it is flush with the window. Dine side by side and enjoy the view (we've been looking at each other for close to 50 years:rolleyes:). Carry a couple of folding chairs for company. More floor space would be side benefit. Still tricking our rig out, but we shopped around for more than a year to find just what we wanted.

John & Janet Gilstrap
2012 Big Country 2950RK (La Belle)
2007 GMC 2500 HD CC AD (La Bete)

We have a 2011 model 2950rk. I have seen the new model floorplan on the web. As far as I can see with the fridge on the slideout there would be less room for the couch and table or dinnette. We are very happy with our rig, there is plenty of room on the slide out for seating for meals etc. I don't know why they would change it, but we are glad we have our model and it works very well for us. There must be a 2012 model around somewhere for your friends.
Good luck. Cheers Paul
Hi Paul - We are looking at the 2950RK however we do value fridge access when slides are in so the 2011 model might be an issue. And yes, later designs moved it to the slide. I wonder is you know the exact width of the main slide on your 2011. - I'll see if a 2012/13 owner can provide their measurement for a hard comparison of dinette space.
regards from Canada
John

We have a 2012 2950rk. Bought in June off the lot. Believe the build date was February. It has the fridge in the slide. Apparently BC changed up the floor plan mid-model year. I know that for a while the Heartland website had both floorplans up; I think they designated the new one with an "F". They made the slideout longer. It is flush with the cabinets in the rear kitchen as well as the front entertainment center. There is no question that the dining room table seating is snug, but with the leaf in the table you gain both elbow room and are no longer up against the fridge and sofa.

We love it. They also swapped the position of the range and the sink and centered the rear window over the sink. Seems much brighter than the old design (which we saw at another dealer) and it creates maybe 25-30% more cabinet, drawer and counter space. It was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted access to the fridge with the slides retracted and we wanted a rear kitchen because of the extra counter space that you usually see with that configuration. My DW didn't like designs with a center line island or peninsula; made her claustrophobic and was definitely not conducive to having more than one cook in the kitchen. ;) We stop at a lot of farm stands and markets and like to be able to put things away or picnic on the road without having to put the slides out or plan ahead. This works perfect for us.

Actually, we're thinking of taking out two of the dining room chairs and turning the table so that it is flush with the window. Dine side by side and enjoy the view (we've been looking at each other for close to 50 years:rolleyes:). Carry a couple of folding chairs for company. More floor space would be side benefit. Still tricking our rig out, but we shopped around for more than a year to find just what we wanted.

John & Janet Gilstrap
2012 Big Country 2950RK (La Belle)
2007 GMC 2500 HD CC AD (La Bete)
Hello J&J. Are you able to provide your main-slide width inside measurement. It is proving decidedly difficult to answer the question of 2950RK dinette space between the 2011 and 2012 years (fridge relocation).
kind regards
John

danemayer

Hi KingJellyBub,

This thread is about 9 years old. Getting info on a 2012 model, in 2012, might have been a lot easier than getting it now.