Has anyone installed a "Quadra Step" on their Big Horn 3070?

mikeotto

Wife is having problems with high steep steps on our 3070. I am considering replacing the factory three step with a Quadra Step. Has any one had am opportunity to install one? Do they fit well, bolt right in and does it make a difference?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Wife is having problems with high steep steps on our 3070. I am considering replacing the factory three step with a Quadra Step. Has any one had am opportunity to install one? Do they fit well, bolt right in and does it make a difference?

I installed a quad step on our Big Country 3250. Same frame I think as your 3070.
Purchased it from Elkhart Tool and die. I did have to trim one side of the step bracket on the trailer to allow one of the rods on the new steps to fit . The measurents that are on The Elkhart Tool and die website are for the step frame but there is a rod that sticks out about 1/2" on each side.
http://www.elkharttool.com/quad_rv_steps.html
Other than that, pretty easy.

I sold the old steps on Craigslist.

FlyerChief

Southernights,

Once you did the trimming, did they bolt right on or did you need to do drilling or welding?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Depending on how much room you have inside the door and how you may feel about doing a little lifting, you can build a nice set in a couple of hours.
I used 5 step treated stringers and cedar deck boards and framing for the steps in the pictures. They fit inside the door of our 3400RL and weigh about 60#. I can get them in by myself but Lin usually helps out. For us it was cheaper, easier and something I could do on my own.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 43