anyone have this problem

n2snow2

i have a 2007 chevy hd2500 4 door 4x4 new body style it has a truxxx leveling kit keys in front 1 inch blocks in rear i own a bighorn 33rl has anyone ever had one of the rear blocks crush and come out i did and the u bolts tore out and the left rear axle went all the way back to the bumper box side and bumper wrecked lucky it was only going about 30 mph rush hour going through houston with my bighorn this leveling kit says it does not change factory tow rating was it just bad luck or is there a problem :confused:

danemayer

Hi n2snow2,

I'm not familiar with the leveling kit. But their statement that it doesn't change the factory tow rating is no doubt correct. It also wouldn't change the factory payload spec. Your 33rl when loaded has a pin weight that's probably in the 2500# range. It's very possible that you're overloading the truck even though your leveling kit may be helping to keep things level. Is there a problem? Maybe the blocks aren't made for the weight you're putting on them.

Btw, if at all possible, try to add punctuation to your posts. It's difficult to read a post that doesn't have any periods and when posts are hard to read, they may not get many replies.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you are within weight limits, I guess it's possible that the block itself was defective.

I would send an e-mail to the mfgr. to get their response.

Sometimes a mfgr. will make good on a replacement, if they feel it was a defective part. Trace