Interior Stair Step Grab Handles

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Has anyone seen wooden assist/grab handles/short rails (some Heartland models use them) for the interior stairs anywhere like at the big box stores or other hardware stores? I could probably get them from Heartland, but would like to get a couple before Friday.

donr827

Some of your larger marine supply stores carry something similar that are made out of wood. If metal is ok you might look at the section where they sell bathroom grab handles.
Don

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Some of your larger marine supply stores carry something similar that are made out of wood. If metal is ok you might look at the section where they sell bathroom grab handles.
Don

Good idea Don. Sounds like a trip to Boat US is in order. :)

ILH

We had ours installed by tbe dealer wben we took delivery. We also had an additional exterior handle (the folding type) added to the rear door ( to match the front door). It seemed a bit odd that the rear door didn't come with one from the factory.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can get them from Heartland, we did. Ours did not have a handrail going up the stairs. I inquired, and HL sent me one, no charge.

Erika

donr827

I might add to my previous post that when I had my trailer being built by HL I requested that they add a grab handle going up to the bedroom. They took the time to add the necessary backing to make the grab handle rock solid. I think that the cost was around $170. The hard part of adding the grab handle after your trailer has been built is finding the backing necessary for a solid installation.
Don

Pliefeld

The dealer added a handle for me at the stairs going into the bedroom. They also ordered additional carpet that we used to cover small blocks of wood that my husband attached to each interior step as the existing steps were too tall for me.