Unicorn Tire Warranty Information needed

fishn2dmax

When my 08 2900MK was delivered at the end of June/ first of July, I noticed it came with "Unicorn Express" 16" load E tires. I also noticed almost all of the other Heartland trailers being delivered with 16" tires had Unicorn brand tires on them. I had never heard of this tire brand before so I looked up the DOT code and determined they're made by SHASHANDONG HENGFENG RUBBER & PLASTIC CO., LTD. in China.

Yesterday, I noticed one of the rear tires looked to have blem in the sidewall. As I examined it more closely, it is actually a small bubble in the sidewall that is protruding outward and is begining to extend toward the tread. I don't feel safe running this tire. My tires have less than 3K miles on them- including delivery from the factory. I looked in my warranty information packet supplied to me by the dealer and there is nothing in there with regard to the tires? I called Tireco and they do not handle the "Unicorn Express" tires? I called my dealer and others and no one knew who handles this brand in the USA? I called a number of National and local tire chains and no one could tell me who handles this tire?

What is the USA warranty contact for Unicorn Express tires?

Thanks,

G.S.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Did you try Treadit (or maybe it is Tredit)? It supplies tires and rims to Heartland. Tredit was one of the presenting vendors at the 2007 rally in Goshen. Sorry, but I do not have a phone number or website or e-mail address for it.

Chuck

jbeletti

Tredit Tire and Wheel Company Contact Info.

Not meant to replace a factory reply on the Unicorns but below is some contact info for Tredit.

Phone: 800 537-2925 (Headquarters in Elkhart, IN)

Tredit's website is a single page of contact info. A copy of this page is attached.

Jim

Attachments

• index.pdf
    41.3 KB · Views: 13

chardel

Did you find out if Tredit is the rep for the Unicorn express tires and if so were they helpful to you in taking care of the defective tire?

fishn2dmax

Actually, Treadit was helpful but they referred me to the Unicorn tire distributor in the US. You can contact them at WWW.[URL="http://www.Unicorntire.net"]Unicorntire.net[/URL]
They did replace my tire, but I've since decided to replace all of my unicorn tires with Maxxis. I would have gone with Michelin XPS, but they don't fit well on my Sundance ( too tall and wide). Maxxis tires also have a good reputation and fit my trailer.