Cargo weight on a 2009 Landmark Pinehurst

djkarau

I'm looking to purchase a 2009 Landmark Pinehurst. The problem is the current owner is telling me that the labels on the trailer indicate two different cargo weights. the trailer is 300 mms from here and I'm just trying to figure out all the numbers before I commit to driving the distance to check out the trailer.

Cargo weight = 2500 lbs.
Cargo Capacity weight = 3750.

Gross vehicle weight is 16500. According to the brochure the dry weight should be around 13000 lbs so the 3750 number seems to make more sense (16500 - 3750 = 12700 lbs)

Has anyone actually weighed on of these units to see what the true pin weight and dry weights are on them?

danemayer

Hi djkaru,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with people who are happy to share what they know.

I found a 2009 Pinehurst listing here that shows dry weight of 12,980 and a GVWR of 16,550 (3570 difference). Of course we have to assume the listing has accurate information.

Some things to consider: the dry weight spec is for the base trailer configuration and doesn't include weight of options that may have been added. This may explain why there are 2 numbers. I think there may be a 2nd label on the door frame showing the weight as it left the factory floor.

Another consideration is that the trailer weight is not even distributed on each wheel. Our rear ODS wheel carries several hundred pounds more than the other wheels due to the larger slide and heavy furniture and appliances on that side. So even though our total weight loaded up is 1000 pounds under the GVWR of 16,200, the margin on the rear ODS wheel is minimal. Lest you think that we're constrained by this, it's actually quite the opposite. We have no more room to put things and we have every option available except for the desk chair. I'm not sure we could get any heavier other than by driving with full black and gray tanks.

Is there a reason the cargo capacity is particularly important to your decision?

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Hi djkaru,

I own a 2009 Pinehurst fully loaded with options. On a side note Heartland started placing an individual unit weight on the door frame of the entry door in 2010 model years. The dry weight and the GVWR that Dan found is the same as the weight label in my trailer. On the weight label also shows estimated full water tank of 863.2 pounds and full propane weight of 63 pounds which leaves estimated cargo carrying capacity of 2644. I had my Pinehurst weighed in June 2011, the trailer weighed 16550 and the pin weight was 3450.

GVWR - 16550
minus Dry Weight - 12980
minus full water tank - 863
minus full propane - 63
equals cargo cap. - 2644

Last edited:

djkarau

Thanks guys...those numbers make sense. Not that I know a whole lot of people that travel with full water tanks???

I'm not too concerned with the weight, however, it is a good thing to know and the fact that the owner was giving two different numbers didn't make any sense.

I have a 2011 F350 diesel SRW so I should be fine pulling this unit.

jnbhobe

Thanks guys...those numbers make sense. Not that I know a whole lot of people that travel with full water tanks???

I'm not too concerned with the weight, however, it is a good thing to know and the fact that the owner was giving two different numbers didn't make any sense.

I have a 2011 F350 diesel SRW so I should be fine pulling this unit.

It will be closer than you think, I am 500lbs over my GVCW with my 3370 BH