3795 Cyclone... Making it our own

sbuckman

Well on June 9 I took a road trip with my girlfriend just meandering about the countryside; she took me up to where they had been camping over Memorial Day and I got the camping bug! So I was on a mission... to get our family a camper! Mentioned it a couple times to my husband but he just kept saying... 'We don't need a camper'. Not to be detoured I just said, "It wont hurt a thing for us to go look"; and proceeded to haul him out to the local dealership. I was about knocked on my can when he bee-lines right to the BigCountry 3650! Beautiful unit, but not what I had in mind with two kids still at home, so I steered him towards the Sundance 3300CK... now that is a nice camper! Then as we were moving through the RV's he came across the toyhaulers and my vision of the Sundance was disappearing! (But he was now really really really warming up the the idea of getting a camper!) It quickly dawned on me that if I was to get a camper that I was going to have to compromise! We found a 2007 3795 in excellent condition and got it for the family! While I was thrilled to have the camper I was not so enamored with how plain it was, so quickly have gone about giving it a touch of home for us.

~20120802_215827.JPG~20120802_214633.JPG~20120802_214702.JPG~20120802_214857.JPG~20120802_214759.JPG~20120802_215108.JPG~20120802_215221.JPG~20120802_215322.JPG

Next... the GARAGE!... hmmm may have a battle on my hands there but think I will win that one! Oh and I just overheard my Husband telling a co-worker last night while he was showing him our camper..."Yeah, and I didn't even know I WANTED a camper until 8 weeks ago!"

Thanks for stoppin by!

Stacey

scottyb

Very nice touch. Just picked up my Cyclone this week. Starting to think about the personal touches. 1st up, towel racks in the BTH. Next, and air compressor and hose reel in the basement.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Stacey, Welcome to the Heartland family & Forum. Your "new" Cyclone looks to be in very nice shape. You've added some nice touches to make it your home away from home. We can't wait to see what you have in store for the garage.

jbeletti

Wow Stacey - what a great story and a great job making that Cyclone yours! Congrats and welcome to the Heartland family.

sbuckman

I LOVE what you did around the stove!! :) Where did you get that tiling?

Thanks Jessica,

The tiles are from Menards. They are 12x12" squares on mesh backing, but rather than put up with thinset (which I feared would eventually crack and come off, especially on the wood panel) I used latex liquid nails and evenly spread it in a thin layer on the back of the tiles and just stuck them to the wall. I have to finish up the grouting but am going to do that when I have time to let the camper set for a bit so it can 'cure'.

DW_Gray

Awesome touch of home, Stacey. Welcome to the Heartland family and especially to group of Cyclone owners.