PM's turned off - which email do you respond too?

jbeletti

You talkin' to me? :)

When you click on my or anyone's username, if they allow email from forum users, the email is sent to them to whatever email address they registered for the forum with. In my case, it's one of my personal email addresses. I do read all work and personal email via my Gmail account. I can also send email from several email addresses, all within Gmail.

Jim

porthole

Retired
Yeah you - sent you something the other day and your link defaults to the HL account. Was wondering what is the preferred, HL or G.

How are you using different accounts to send from G.

All of mine go out from G, which means the replies only come back to the phone.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I see a new possibility for workshops at rallies. How to set up your communications for the max convenience while traveling.... There are a lot of ways to set up accounts now and different services you can use to consolidate your accounts. google is one of them. It does a lot of other things too and they add more all the time.

A workshop on online banking, bill paying, and shopping might be a good idea too. If you know how to do that stuff, you can run your life from anywhere you happen to be.

No Jim, I'm not volunteering, just putting ideas out there...

Kristy

jimtoo

HI Duane,

Open your Gmail and right side click on the little gear,,, settings.. open settings and then go to "accounts and imports" then you can add other email addresses to gmail.. you can check all on gmail and select which one it will send from also.

Hope this helps.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Jim, I tried that, and the correct email is the default if I use the web based client. On my phone though I only have two choices, bot of my gmail accounts. None of the others show up in the list.

jbeletti

Duane - On the iPhone, using the default mail client, I cannot choose which email address to "send from". Probably only the full web client offers that choice. As to which email address I prefer to get email at - I have no preference since I receive it all in the same place. It's all good.

Kristy - good ideas. Thanks for clarifying that you are not volunteering. You really know how things work around here :)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Duane - On the iPhone, using the default mail client, I cannot choose which email address to "send from". Probably only the full web client offers that choice. As to which email address I prefer to get email at - I have no preference since I receive it all in the same place. It's all good.

Kristy - good ideas. Thanks for clarifying that you are not volunteering. You really know how things work around here :)

Yep. I have experience when it comes to getting roped into things. :0)

Kristy