Road Warrior 415

Howdy Ya'll
First I wanna start with a little about myself and my family. Were 3 humans and 2 fur balls. Myself (Sara) and my husband (David) and our 15 year old son (Cole). We are a Motocross family with dual duty camping and dry camping at races. We currently have a Sunny brook TT toyhauler and have outgrown it. We have narrowed it down to the Road Warrior 415. We have spend lots of time debating on if we should upgrade to a Toy hauler or just a "Normal" 5th wheel. Up until this year all the toy hauler manufactures seemed to push for the men's eyes. So a giant thank you to Heartland for knowing that it's really the wives that pick the units... We spend the entire day looking thru toy haulers at Holman RV in Cincy ohio. They had alot of choose from and we narrowed it down to the 415 after nit picking. Over all I loved the unit. But I have a few questions I'm sure our dealer could answer but I really wanted to get some feed back from real owners.
My first big question is, is the black tank really only 1 black tank that holds 41 gallons or is it 2 black tanks that hold 41 gallons each. Second, with 2 Ac units on in the bed room and one in the main living room does it produce enough cool air to the garage? I also didn't see any info on how big the fuel tank was. For those that have had theirs for a while, I notice that when you fold the seats back in the split couch area in the garage they have the bracket that sits on the fabric of the couch, does this wear over time, will we need to place padding in that spot? Has anyone that didn't get the tv option at purchase added a TV in the garage area? Were you able to find a "stud" to mount it on easily. I ask because we have placed a Tv in our current unit and it took lots of knocking and 3 different stud finders to find something to bolt it into.

So far those are the questions I have. I'm sure we will come up with a few others over the next several days. We hope to make the purchase in the next few months. We have another brand we want to "compare" with but I'm sure it won't sway me :eek:.

Thanks for any details or helpful tidbits you may be able to help me with.

Sara.

danemayer

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information here as well as lots of help from a bunch of friendly people. I have no doubt other Road Warrior owners will chime in shortly with answers to your questions.

Not to distract you from getting your RW, but since you mentioned MotoCross, may I ask what do you think of MotoThump.com?

Deblockey

First of all, you are going to LOVE your 415!!! My husband, Steve, and I have had ours for almost a month now. I will try and answer your questions.
1. there is only one black tank
2. the A/C does cool the garage, but only when you have the unit's vent closed, then the air goes thru the vents.
3. The fuel tank holds 30 gals.
4. we put a TV in the garage too, there is a full piece of solid wood where it goes, so you don't have to look for a stud.
5. We have not had ours long enough to know if the seat backs will wear the cushions or not.

Again, we love it!!!! Sometimes, we go out and just hang out in the driveway!!! LOL!!

Debbie

Howdy Ya'll
First I wanna start with a little about myself and my family. Were 3 humans and 2 fur balls. Myself (Sara) and my husband (David) and our 15 year old son (Cole). We are a Motocross family with dual duty camping and dry camping at races. We currently have a Sunny brook TT toyhauler and have outgrown it. We have narrowed it down to the Road Warrior 415. We have spend lots of time debating on if we should upgrade to a Toy hauler or just a "Normal" 5th wheel. Up until this year all the toy hauler manufactures seemed to push for the men's eyes. So a giant thank you to Heartland for knowing that it's really the wives that pick the units... We spend the entire day looking thru toy haulers at Holman RV in Cincy ohio. They had alot of choose from and we narrowed it down to the 415 after nit picking. Over all I loved the unit. But I have a few questions I'm sure our dealer could answer but I really wanted to get some feed back from real owners.
My first big question is, is the black tank really only 1 black tank that holds 41 gallons or is it 2 black tanks that hold 41 gallons each. Second, with 2 Ac units on in the bed room and one in the main living room does it produce enough cool air to the garage? I also didn't see any info on how big the fuel tank was. For those that have had theirs for a while, I notice that when you fold the seats back in the split couch area in the garage they have the bracket that sits on the fabric of the couch, does this wear over time, will we need to place padding in that spot? Has anyone that didn't get the tv option at purchase added a TV in the garage area? Were you able to find a "stud" to mount it on easily. I ask because we have placed a Tv in our current unit and it took lots of knocking and 3 different stud finders to find something to bolt it into.

So far those are the questions I have. I'm sure we will come up with a few others over the next several days. We hope to make the purchase in the next few months. We have another brand we want to "compare" with but I'm sure it won't sway me :eek:.

Thanks for any details or helpful tidbits you may be able to help me with.

Sara.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Well deblockey has answered pretty much everything how ever I wanted to also make you aware that we have just released a 3rd a/c option. However the main a/c is also ducted into the garage area which will keep it cool. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Btw we also have an option for a second fuel cell which is 18 gal. On top of the 30 gal which is standard.

Wow you guys sure are fast.
AJ- Do you happen to know what the differences will be for 2013 models? I've been told that at this point anything ordered would likely be a 2013 model.
And since you may be in the know, other then the 6 point leveling system parts, do they support or change the frame to install the system. I ask b/c it may be something we have to add on after the sale since the unit our dealer has in stock does not have it.

Westwind

Sara - I'm glad to see your getting answers to your questions, it's a great forum and one of the many reasons why I was comfortable with buying a Heartland product. It won't be perfect but I feel for the money they are a decent product with great support.

Good luck in your hunt. Westwind - myrvtalk

The rear holding tank is a combination grey and black tank. You can buy a "Y" connector and a short hose to combine the 2 drain hoses into a single septic pipe if your camping in the same spot for a while.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The rear holding tank is a combination grey and black tank. You can buy a "Y" connector and a short hose to combine the 2 drain hoses into a single septic pipe if your camping in the same spot for a while.

R U Sure that is correct. I do not think RVIA standards allow a black and grey tank combination. I believe the tank is only for gray water. The black water should go to the black only tank.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The dealer was wrong. The black (toliet) water does not drain into the Gray tank. It is against RVIA rules.

It most certainly drains into the gray tank on the RW 2012. Trust me I made that mistake. There is one black tank and it is for the front bath.

danemayer

This is an old thread, but to clear things up a little, here's a plumbing diagram from an RVIA publication. Notice that on the right side of the diagram, they show a toilet and a sink both draining into the same tank, which is designated as a BLACK tank. Also notice that they call this a "typical drainage system."

If the toilet drains into the tank, it's a BLACK tank regardless of what else drains into that tank.

Attachments

• rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 38