Winter in Arizona

relocator

New to RVing and would like any recommendations on RV parks in the warmer climes of Arizona for this winter. Have a Woodall's book but would rather go by reviews of the forums members. I'm probably getting a late start on this but would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Mike

MC9

I would recommend the Tucson area. Although, we try to limit the number of Montanans (rowdy bunch);)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We love the Tucson area but there are alot of very nice parks in Casa Grande which is close to Phoenix. Lots of Spring training baseball in the Phoenix area.

Sandie

A lot of snowbirds head out towards the Colorado river areas too. What are you looking to do or see?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
South Tucson is nice. Many nice parks on the south end. Close to shopping, if that is a priority.
Tucson is one of my favorite larger cities in the southwest. Trace

Last edited:

relocator

South Tucson is nice. Many nice parks on the south end. Close to shopping, if that is a priority.
Tucson is one of my favorite larger cities in the southwest. Trace
MC9 & JMGRATZ also recommended the Tucson area...we spent most of the day looking up different RV parks there. LazyDays seemed like it got good reviews from rvparkreview. Anyone been there?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We stayed at Boudry's RV Park once. Had our own private hot tub at our site. Neat....

Sandie

There ate so many places to stay here throughout the state, why not come and travel to different areas and find a place you like... an exploration of sorts. Some Regional parks are popular too.

Boca_Shuffles

The first year you might want to travel a circuit and see what campgrounds and areas are like.

Some parks are geared for golf, some for trekking and bird watching, some for social events, some for sports like Pickle Ball. Try the variety that meets most of your interests.

The second year, you might want to pick an area or park and settle in for ten weeks. This will give you a chance to meet your neighbors and participate in the clubs and entertainment events.

Remember that the day normally starts at 6:30 AM and the evening ends at 8:00 PM. A dinner and dance starts at 4:30 and ends at 7:00 PM. ;).

Everyone is interested in the "Early Bird Specials" at the restaurants. :rolleyes:

brlr2000

Arizona has a huge varietyof RV parks and campgrounds. I'm kind of partial to a place that my folks hosted at for a number of years. They absolutely loved the management there. It's called McDowell Mountain Regional Park. It's located on the NorthEast of Scottsdale, just outside of Fountain Hills, AZ. Have a safe and fun trip!

jjwink

We have wintered in Casa Grande at Fiesta Grande for 2 years and now in Gold Canyon (east of Phoenix on US 60) at Canyon Vistas the past 2 years. We loved the convenience of having many things(Walmart, Home Depot, hospital if needed) within walking distance in Casa Grande. Fiesta Grande is an older park but very clean. We love the scenery at Canyon Vistas - desert on one side, Superstition Mountains on another. It is very convenient to Phoenix activities and shopping. Many of the AZ parks are probably already full for Feb but you will be able to get a site for Jan or March.

stevebotts

This will be our 6th winter in the Phoenix area at a Roberts Resort called Pueblo El Mirage. Large sites, 18 hole championship golf course on the property, restaurant, pro shop, wonderful activities to include line dancing, ceramics, stained and fused glass classes, wood shop, cards, aerobics, water volleyball, great dances and the list goes on and on. Close to wonderful restaurants and shopping. Not far from Scottsdale either. About 2 hours south of Sedona. We have looked at lots of parks and don't think this one can be beat.