Battery Maintenance / Watering with 6 volt batteries

jbeletti

Is anyone running two 6 volt batteries in series in their Landmark?

I have 2 Trojan T-105s and I am considering a battery watering system. I don't care for the price of the system but I favor the convenience and safety of such a system.

Anyone have experience with wet cells like this and the care thereof?

Thanks,

Jim

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Hi Jim
I personelly do not use the watering system, but a close friend does on a double 12 volt system. His batteries are difficult to get to and he says the system is well worth the money over the aggravation of trying to get water in the old fashion way.

Lance & Jo

Batteries and wat4er

Hi Jim, Our current rig is a 43 foot sail boat that wants to grow up into a 3670 this fall. Have been using 6 volt golf cart batteries for about 12 years now with good luck. All were wet cell and we get about 4 years a set. I looked at the automatic watering systems and decided it was just too much money for us. The bateries will use water in proportion to how hard you use them and how hard you return the charge. Older batteries will gas much more than new ones so will use more water. Here on Milagro we have never found an electron we couldn't catch and punish so the batteries sometimes drop to 50%. 360 watts of solar and 6kw gen set keep all running.

jbeletti

Lance and Jo,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your experience. A 3670 in the fall - good for you!

Hey - this thread is from early 2005. I did end up using the 2 Trojan T-105s with a battery watering system. Used it for 3 seasons. Love it! Left it on the unit when I sold it. I now have two 12 volt batteries on my 2009 Landmark Pinehurst and I had the watering system added to it too.

Jim