Brochure Accuracy

tensleep

tensleep
We have been researching Bighorns and had a dealer send us brochures. We also looked at the internet brochure. There were a few things (that were not on the actual 5ers we saw on the dealers lot that were in the brochure,) that prompted us to drive 200 miles to the dealer to possibly buy one of these 5ers.
The first being the bedroom speaker for the sound system.
Also, the door on the outside that had all the hookups and tank levers. We really liked having it all in one door, now the levers are in a seperate door, away from the other stuff.
We felt like these were changes that should have warranted a new brochure, or at least an insert to the old brochure to make people aware of the changes.
Are either of these things still available on a custom order maybe as an engineering option?
We are still impressed with the overall quality of the Bighorns, and are still considering buying one, but just felt like the brochure was inaccurate and it just kinda put a damper on our trip to the dealer.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
tensleep, ask the dealer for the serial numbers of the units that you saw. The new units have the waste valves at the bottom of the universal docking station and the electronics connections (satellite, cable, phone) at the top with the city, fresh water and black tank rinse ports in the middle. You may have been looking at older units. Mine is a 2006 and what you are describing sounds like my year.

Counting back from the far right, the eighth position is a one digit year. If the number is an "8", then you are looking at the latest unit and you have a valid point about brochures. If it is a "6" or a "7", then the unit is older than the current brochures.

Chuck

Scott

I don't think he was showing you the latest models. You HAD to be looking at older ones.
ST

R

rickducharme

Dealer Recommendation

Before you buy your Big Horn, I recommend you call Butch and Karen Burson at RV's for Less in Knoxville, TN at 865-521-9112. They are super great folks who offer the best prices around. While we were there picking up our 2006 3400RL, (a consignment unit) we talked with customers from Utah, Wisconsin, Florida, Wyoming and other states. When we asked, "Why are you traveling this far to buy your Big Horn?" They replied, "The Burson's are great to deal with and their prices are about $*** below our local dealer." The fellow from Utah said, "It only cost me $500 round trip to pick this up. Well worth the $*** savings."
Rick DuCharme

Edited by Admin:
Pricing deleted per Rules and Policies
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

christianson

You might check with Noble RV in southern Minn. They are across from Cabelas in Owatonna. Good guys to deal with give good prices. They have a web page you can view their inventory. They have a huge inventory.

tensleep

tensleep
We called Heartland and they were able to locate 2 of the closest dealers that had what we wanted to look at in stock, unfortunately, they are both over 500 miles away (in different directions). Since we would want to actually SEE them before we bought them, we would be looking at a 3 day trip, and then we may not even buy one. Since we work full time, have kids and school is starting, this is not a possibility until school is out again next spring. Since we are having trouble matching up what we see in the brochures to what there is on the lot (that we were told are 08s) and there being so much uncertainty about what features are on which model year unit, we are going to take a look at a couple of other brands that made our short list, that we will be able to see in person.

ChopperBill

Tensleep, I see you are from Wyoming. K&C RV is a huge dealer in Longmont Colo. Depending where you live in WY it may be a pretty short drive. They have been selling them like hot cakes so they probably have quite a few models in stock. I looked at pictures of my interest on lots of dealers web sites and made my decision from them. Still ours came in with different changes. A little disclaimer says they have the right to change stuff. Can't do much about that when ordering one.

tensleep

tensleep
Heartland is sending us the "current" brochure to look at, and we should be able to make a decision from that (still it would be nice to SEE first, what we are going to spend around **K on).

We would like to order it from the dealer closest to us in Casper (200 miles). Ordering it the way we want it, and not taking one off the lot that we haven't been able to look at, that may not have EVERYTHING we want, and have some things that we DO NOT want on it will be the best way for us to go.

Surprisingly there are no Bighorn dealers in Montana, which is fairly close to us. Colorado, Idaho, North Dakota and Utah and the one in Casper, WY are listed on the Dealer Locator.

Last edited by a moderator:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We ordered our 08 just as they were starting to build them and didn't have the brochures out yet. Our dealer couldn't really tell us much about the changes that were being made, but the factory rep did a great job of keeping us informed as info became available. He even sent us fabric samples of the new color scheme I was interested in. Maybe your regional rep. can help you out with things you have questions about. Maybe those dealers from far off can send photos to your closest dealer so you can take a virtual tour. Any time you order something, there is a certain nervousness that goes with it, but the people we worked with were good at helping to minimize that anxiety by getting us whatever we needed.

tensleep

tensleep
We received a "new" brochure from Heartland yesterday, it was printed in 2006, and is the same one that we got from our dealer. Why is there no new brochures for the 2008 models? :confused:

Scott

The newest Bighorn brochure was printed in either December of January of this past year and is just now going to reprint with some small changes. If you have a brochure with a Bighorn on the front, and what looks like a leather background with some mountains ghosted into it - you have the brochure for the 2008 model year Bighorns.
ST

tcbrady

The 2008 Bighorn was indroduced to the market 1/1/07. The 2008 literature was printed 11/06 which is the current 2008 literature. We have new literature being printed now and will be available in two weeks but it will look similar to the literature printed 11/06.

hope this helps!