Diassemble 50 amp connector end of cable

bd2dabone

System was on a pretty heavy load in lubbock tx. Noticed same arcing/heat discolration. Wanting to take the connector apart and ensure the wires are secure in the lugs of the plug. However being out on the road and its the first part of the vacation being the luck i have i didnt not want to destroy something and its sunday. Anyone have a diagram of how and what all twist and turns to dissamble the plug?

bd2dabone

Lots of great reading there however i am looking for the diassembly instructions for the actual lock ring plug itself. It has 2 screws you remove from the end that are Probably 2.5 inches long. From there the internals appear to turn to nlock the connector however i didnt want to force it as i said my luck it would break.

BobSue

I assume you mean the twist lock connector built in to the side of the RV. I took mine apart at midnight a couple of weeks ago. I found that all the lugs holding the wires were loose. The hot had come completely out of the lug and that is why I lost power. Mine had four screws attaching the plug to the RV. Once those were out, the plug/socket came out. It was still attached by the wire. Unscrew the long small screws. (2-1/2" is a good guess at the length.) Just make sure they are completely disengaged from the housing behind. They just screw in to plastic. Then the housing covering all the wire connections moved straight back from the exterior mount part. Twisting may be necessary to get it loose. It won't hurt any thing as long as the screws are completely disengaged. Tighten the wire lugs and reverse procedure to install. Hardest part for me was getting those long screws lined up with the holes in the housing. Once there, they pulled it back together.
Pretty simple all-in-all.

bd2dabone

Okay now thats good also andi will check that. I am referring to the cable end which plugs into that receptacle. I assume both sides could be loose.