Bedroom Sat in 2012 Key Largo?

wildwolfproducts

Why is here not a HDMI plug or some way to hook up the sat to the bedroom TV? Our 2012 Heartland landmark Key largo has no place for the input from the Sat Receiver ? Never have tried to hook up the Sat in the bedroom. But this weekend we wanted to see if it would also feed to the outside TV if it were hooked up there? But no way to hook it up, unless I run a HDMI cable from the closet across the room to the TV.
Pete

danemayer

Hi Pete,

Does your Key Largo have a signal booster near the bedroom TV, that has 2 coax connectors? One would be for cable/antenna and the other for satellite. The other end of that satellite connection is in the UDC. This setup is just like what you would have for your bedroom at home; a separate coax line goes to the bedroom where you would have a 2nd satellite receiver and a 2nd TV. This arrangement also presumes a dish with 2 or more lines coming from the LNB.

Are you trying to do something different, or are you missing the satellite connector in the bedroom?

wildwolfproducts

My sat box does not have a normal connector coming out of it. Or I could plug it into that. Plus at home the signal goes out with HDMI cables same as it does in the living room of the camper from the Sat Box.
But our bedroom does have the 2 coax connectors then one more set where the cables run back out again.
Pete

danemayer

Ok,

I take it that by "does not have a normal connector" you mean your Satellite receiver in the living room has HDMI output (not coax). Btw, most newer video devices have changed their outputs to HDMI, just as the TVs all now have HDMI inputs. It's also still "normal" for satellite signals between dish and receiver to travel over coax.

Choice 1) split the signal from the dish as it comes to the UDC so as to also send signal to the bedroom. Get a 2nd satellite receiver for the 2nd TV. You'll be able to watch different programs on the different TVs. Just like everyone does it at home.

Choice 2) split the hdmi output from the living room satellite receiver with a device like this, and send one side to the living room TV and the other side to a Wireless HDMI Extender like this. You'll be able to watch a single program on both TVs.

wildwolfproducts

Found what I need this am online. http://www.intelix.com/hdmi/digi-hd-coax.html But its not cheap and at $200 I like your ideal better. Just send the signal with http://Wireless HDMI® Extender that way it can be moved between the bedroom TV and the Outdoor TV..

As you can see my issue is just getting a cable from the Sat receiver to the Tv's, Not sure why it does not come from the factory fixed being its wired for Sat in the bedroom and Living room?

wildwolfproducts

Found what I need this am online. http://www.intelix.com/hdmi/digi-hd-coax.html But its not cheap and at $200 I like your ideal better. Just send the signal with http://Wireless HDMI® Extender that way it can be moved between the bedroom TV and the Outdoor TV..

As you can see my issue is just getting a cable from the Sat receiver to the Tv's, Not sure why it does not come from the factory fixed being its wired for Sat in the bedroom and Living room?

Also we do have the 2nd satellite receiver, this is where we found the issue not no where to plug it into the wall to get the signal to the TV. We have the auto dish on the roof that feeds both receivers.

danemayer

Ok, you have the dish on the roof. You have a satellite receiver in the bedroom. You have a satellite coax connector in the bedroom. You have a TV in the bedroom.

The satellite dish on the roof should be providing 2 LNB fees into the UDC. There should be short jumper cables connecting the rooftop feeds to the living room and to the bedroom.

In the bedroom, a short coax cable from the bedroom satellite coax connector goes to the bedroom satellite receiver, and an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV.

What did Heartland leave out?

wildwolfproducts

The HDMI plug is not in the bedroom. Only coax plugs are in there. But picked up a RF Modulator this evening. We had to buy a new TV for the house and picked up the RF Modulator while buying the 55" LG 3D TV.