Whirlpool YWMH1162XVB-3 microwave release bolts

Cinci5

My range over microwave was installed with fan venting back into trailer. I read the instructions about reversing the blower to point outside, but there should be two bolts inside cupboard on top to swing microwave down. I can't find any bolts or anything to loosen it. Has anybody done this or know if they put cupboard bottom shelf in after the fact. :confused:

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Before you remove the microwave look in the outside vents to be sure the factory removed the exterior punch out plugs from the back of the microwave. The punch out plugs can be removed through the outside vent. See this thread

The Cabinet bottom is hollow with a 1/8 inch paneling on the bottom and top with bracing in between. Carefully remove the top of the cabinet bottom and you should find the bolts you are looking for mounted to the braces. Carefully loosen the bolts and the front of the microwave will swivel down. I suggest you have a another person help you remove and replace the microwave. When I replaced the top paneling I re-secured it with silicone caulk. I put weights on it to hold it down until the silicone seal cured (24 hours).

Cinci5

Thanks a lot that's the answer I am looking for. I did look at the vent opening and they are punched out, a little off center from vent but open. I figured they were under false bottom but was afraid to remove and then find out I was wrong. Have Amana at home so knew how they came out. :)

My range over microwave was installed with fan venting back into trailer. I read the instructions about reversing the blower to point outside, but there should be two bolts inside cupboard on top to swing microwave down. I can't find any bolts or anything to loosen it. Has anybody done this or know if they put cupboard bottom shelf in after the fact. :confused:

I had the same problem with our Country Ridge, and they just fixed it for me this week. Figured it out as when the vent is on, it blew back into the trailer, but was drawing air from outside through the vent.

The bottom of the cabinet is put in after the microwave is installed. Unplug the microwave, then very carefully you can pry the bottom of the cabinet up, sliding it to the top. The bolts are now visible on the bottom. There were a couple of screws, and the fan rotates. Note from my repair guy, test it before you reinstall to make sure it's blowing the right direction (out the back for our trailer and probably yours) and that the opening through the wall is completely open. Once it's back in, attach the bottom and plug in and enjoy.