Cenral Vac Problems

jhansenku

Just wondering if any of you have problems with the Central Vacuum system. I just got my 3055RL and ordered it with the central vac option. It is a Eureka Yellow Jacket I believe. Problem is there is no suction power whatsoever when I try to use the vaccum. It does seem to have a liitle more suction on the outside hookup versus the inside one but not much. Any suggestions or quick fixes to solve this problem? My dealer is about 3 hours away and they cannot seem to solve the problem over the phone.

jbeletti

Perhaps it's the Eureka CV-140?

Give Eureka a call at 800-282-2886

Here's their website: http://www.eureka.com/company/contact_us.htm

The CV-140 is listed on their website but there are no troubleshooting tips for that specific model.

Be sure to open up the canister to check the bag. I believe it twists off. Make sure there is a bag and it is installed. Be sure that there are no other items in the canister.

Good luck,

Jim

ChopperBill

We have the Eureka and it seems to have good suction. But Renee would like a power head like the Dirt Devils use. Any ideas on one?
p.s. Did Heartland start venting the exhaust to the outside yet?

K

Ken Washington

Jim has it right! They do not install a bag for you and I believe you will find bags and extra stuff in there. This is what happened to us and it worked great after we cleaned it out and installed the bag.

Ken

jpmorgan37

We have a Golden Retriever and have to take the power head apart about every two or three weeks to clean the dog hair out of the belt drive. It's a two minute job and you're back in business. If you don't, the belt will slip (or break). My DW loves it because it does such a good job on Brandy's hair.