Recent Camping Trip

JeremyN

Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to update everyone with some pictures of places we have been lately. The first picture is of a campsite we had at a state park in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was just beautiful. As you can see, Lake Michigan was probably about 50 yards behind our trailer. What made it even better is that the water was about 70 degrees that trip as well, so it was really nice swimming! The 2nd picture is just another one of the view we had at that site.

The last picture is of my son fishing at sunset in another state park that we went to in the U.P. I think this is an awesome picture. Probably one of the best I have ever taken!

Overall, it was a 10 day trip in the U.P. and we had a blast. 3 different parks in those 10 days and they were all great!

Attachments

• 2012-07-20 13 31 57.jpg
    2012-07-20 13 31 57.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF0836.jpg
    DSCF0836.jpg
    831.2 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF0875.jpg
    DSCF0875.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 142

ILH

I'm contemplating a trip to the upper peninsula of Michigan next year. Which parks did you stay in?

JeremyN

I'm contemplating a trip to the upper peninsula of Michigan next year. Which parks did you stay in?

Ian,

The first three days, we stayed at JW Wells State Park. That is along M35 in Cedar River, Michigan. It is where the first two pictures were taken. We were actually in site #6. That is the only site that we get there. You are right next to the water. It is beautiful!

The 2nd three days, we stayed at Indian Lake State Park just outside Manistique, MI. This was our favorite spot during our trip. It is a beautiful campground and the lake is just awesome. This was where I took the picture of my son fishing at sunset.

The last days were spent at the Wandering Wheels Campground just outside of Munising, MI. This was also a nice park. Probably would have picked a nicer site next time, but that was ok. I have over 800 pictures from our trip, and about 500 of them came from the Pictured Rocks Boat Tour that we took while we were staying in Munising. We had a great time seeing all the rock formations along Lake Superior.

brlr2000

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Pictures are great. I was stationed at KI Sawyer Air Force Base, back in 1981-82. I really love that area...especially in the summer!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Thanks for sharing! Gorgeous site! Are you going to the WI rally this month?

JeremyN

Thanks for sharing! Gorgeous site! Are you going to the WI rally this month?

Unfortunately, I cannot attend the rally this month. We are camping that weekend (and only about 2 hours away), but we have a family wedding that we need to attend. Otherwise, we would have signed up!

sjs731

We are heading to the UP tomorrow for the Ore 2 Shore mountain bike race. We love it along the Lake Superior shore. Awesome views during the race too.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk