Life after the Gillette & Cody Rally

olcoon

We've been out of touch since we left the WY Chapter rally in Cody. We accepted a volunteer camp host position in the Medicine Bow National Forest at the Jack Creek campground. The nearest town is Saratoga, WY, which is about 26 miles, and takes about 1 1/2 hrs to drive due to the wash board gravel road. No TV, internet, and we have to drive 4 miles & walk about 100 yds almost straight up to use the cell phone. But the view is AWESOME! We have a 360 degree view, to the North we can see at least 60 miles across the plains, and when we turn around we see mountains & forest. We have moose, elk, deer & antelope for neighbors. Been meeting some awesome people & just enjoying life! Don't know how we are going to handle things when we leave & go back to Missouri! At least we are beating the heat! Sunday when I checked the campground (at around 6:30 am) there was FROST on the pic-nick tables!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Tried to post some photos, but couldn't.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Sounds fantastic... Enjoy!!!
108 here today (N. Texas) and the same tomorrow. Send a little of that frost our way please.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Envious, Roy! We just got missed by a thunderstorm, and oh, how I wanted that rain. I could smell it!! Like Bret said, mostly burning and gnashing of teeth here in North Texas.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Roy glad you're enjoying the "wilderness" job. We're still in Creede and enjoying the cool weather here.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had to get to Maine to finally get out of the heat! It's in the mid to upper 80's here, dropping into the low 50-60's at night....