BigHorn 3010RE leaking rear window

camperjohn08

I am alittle bummed out at the moment :( and need some help here. After a bad storm a month ago I found water surrounding the rear entertainment TV Lid, and it had actually delamated the wood lid ( new one on order, warranty issue) I checked the seals and everything looked ok. While camping a week ago we had 5 inches of rain and no leaks. Yesterday we had a short hard rain, mixed with some wind and low and behold today when I checked I had quite a bit of water right infront of the window on the rear shelf. luckly I had a plastic table cloth covering the rear area, so the water was not able to do anymore damage. The slides are in and it is sitting in my back yard 3' infront of my garage.

Need some assistance here.. Has anyone had this problem and if so what should I do? I do plan being inside the rig the next hard rain we get, to help trouble shoot and locate the leak.. Hard to tell the dealer where it is coming from, If "I" can't see where it is coming from either. Need it corrected Before any damage is done.

Brought the unit new this April. Don't believe I should be having a problem like this. The unit has the optional Dual Pane Windows installed. All seals look ok at this time.

Thanks for your Assistance and Help on this manner.

Anyone have any solutuions?:confused:

danemayer

CamperJohn08,

I'd suggest taking a very close look at the caulking around the rear window, and also the corner windows. You may find a gap or some other irregular shape, which is exactly what we had on our Rushmore.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John, best thing I can tell you is to get it back to the dealer pronto. Yes, it's nice to be able to be proactive and handle some things on your own but a rig as new as yours should not see this type of problem. Leaks are hard to find the source as they can travel and come out of a location nowhere near the source.
If I had to guess, It would be either the cap or the clearance lights. The possibility also exists that the window frame itself may have loosened up and could be leaking at the sides.
Once you get it resolved, let us know what it was. Thanks!

tmcran

Not real familiar with your unit. Have you checked that the weep holes are clear. I talked with a new owner of 2012 Cyclone a few months ago that had two windows installed upside-down. Might want to check that. Like others have said with new RV get to dealer. Good luck.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
If all else fails...HERE is a list of Sealtech dealers that can pressure test your rig for leaks! Hope you can track it down!

Best Wishes!

camperjohn08

Checked all weep holes and they are clear, and even poured water into the inside track and it drained out ok. Checked the running lights @ the top of the rear cap, they Were Not sealed, sealed them today.. Did check with the local dealer, and they have that Sealtech type device to check the unit for leaks. Will be checking the unit during the next rain, and then taking it to the dealer after the Upcoming Rally this month.

Thanks for your info so far..

FordMan1966

I have a 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon that has the Frameless Windows that has a bad leak in the rear window. I found the problem and you can see daylight between 2 of the window panels. Taking back to dealer week after next for repairs.

8paws

We also have a 2013, 3010 RE Bighorn, which had two leaks. We discovered water on the rear shelf, where the entertainment center is located. Anyway, we took it back to the dealer and they pressurized the trailer, and found two separate areas that needed to be caulked from where the gutter spouts comes off of the roof. One was located in the back section of the 5th wheel. and another area that needed to be caulked as well in the front side area of the 5th wheel as well. So, you might think about taking it back to the dealer and have them do the test. The test really tells the story of where or if there are leaks in the unit.

Garypowell

I was under our 3010 trying to figure out where to put a progressive power unit and as I dropped the bottom some water trickled out. I plan on going up on the roof soon and think it might be the end cap not sealed 100% but will keep an eye on this thread.

I think the power conditioner will be going in the R/H cabinet by the slide.