50 to 30 amp adapter

CCWREW

I am going to a campground that does not have 50amp service. I have a Bighorn 3070 with 50amp plug. Is there an adapter that I can purchase that will put me on the campgrounds 30 amp service from my 50 amp plug and if so, is there anything in particular that I should be aware of?

CCWREW

sjs731

We have a "dogbone" style that is about 9" long the reduces from 50 to 30 amp. It came with our rig but they are readily available. I have one that goes from 30 to 20 amp also. Any RV dealer should have one or Camping World.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Most Walmarts that have an RV section usually have a variety (50 to 30, 30 to 50, 20 to 30, 30 to 20, etc.) of the dog bone style adapters. I think they run around 14 bucks.

caissiel

I bought a 25 ft 30amp cord that fits in the 50Amp trailer plug. Its only a few $ more then adapters and well made. I rarely have to use the heavy 50 Amp cord around here. Most CG do not have the 50Amp post yet.

Also been using the 30Amp extensions I had for the previous trailer.
The AC does load the 30amp plugs and you need to conserve power as the plugs do get hot at times.

Bought it on Ebay. And it is good quality product, with a 30Amp-plug that fits into a 50Amp female.

57chevyconvt

I also have a 30 amp cord with 50 amp female marine style plug that I purchased from an Ebay store. Had a wiring problem with the 30 to 50 amp cord, someone had wired the 50 amp female plug incorrectly, the polarity was reversed. Changed the polarity and have being using it for over 2 years. Sure was handy on our recent trip to Alaska where most campground only have 30 amp service.

JJnLilly

I made my own 50 to 30 amp cord. Found a 35' 30 amp cord on eBay and also a 50 amp Marinco female end. Put the female end on the 30 amp cord and I'm there. Did have to put in a jumper between two terminals of the female end. Has worked great and it is a 35' vs the standard 25' so I've never had to use an extension.