Ordering a 3670

sjrellis

Getting closer to ordering a 3670. I do have some questions about options. We will be full-timing but staying in one location for long periods of time.

Aluminum wheels? Yes or no?

Gel Coat? Yes or no?

Electric Rear jacks? Yes or no?

Trail-Air hitch? What else is there?

Gen. Prep? (is this for boondocking?) If so, we don't need it?

Heartland Euro chairs? Are they comfy, or try to order with no chairs and purchase seperately?

Central vac? Is it worth it? Where do you store the hose?

Fantastic Fan w/ rain sensor...what is this exactly?

Pillow package...what is this? I've got my own pillows!

Queen bed...why do they charge for this option?

Will they wire it for satellite in BOTH living room and bedroom? We will have Directv.

Bigger axle and tires?

Thanks for all your help. I've read so much my mind is like jello! I do appreciate everyone's knowledge, pictures, hints and tips!!

DennisZ

SJjrellis

I can answer some of the questions from my own view, and I'm sure you will get similar views from other forum members, so here goes.

Aluminum wheels? Yes, you will find must units come with them, they are nice.

Gel Coat? Yes, it really helps protect the skins and makes a nicer looking coach. It won't yellow like the standard filon type of siding.

Electric Rear jacks? Yes, once again most BH units come with them, they are great.

Trail-Air hitch? No help on this one...

Gen. Prep? (is this for boondocking?) If you never plan on boondocking, you my not need it, if you always will be plugged in, you may not want to order this option.

Heartland Euro chairs? No help.

Central vac? Is it worth it? Yes, we love ours.

Fantastic Fan w/ rain sensor...what is this exactly? This sould be standard in the living area, it is an option in the bedroom, as well is a second A/C unit. We opted for the A/C because of our location in the desert. The fan is basically a high grade of thermostatically controlled vent fan the will automatically close if it senses rain.

Pillow package...what is this? I've got my own pillows! Like it says, they are pillows, really decorative pillows for the bed and living rooms that match the decor.

Queen bed...why do they charge for this option? Don't know, I have the King bed.

Will they wire it for satellite in BOTH living room and bedroom? We will have Directv. I don't think they will do that, that type of work has been asked about before, it is really a simple add-on after delivery.

Bigger axle and tires? The 3670 should have the bigger axles, you may want to deal to get better tires as part of your deal (Michelins or Goodyears).

Once again just my opinions.

Dennis

jimtoo

I will sound off on only 3 items.

Euro Chairs, comfortable enough, but the foot stool is in your way every time you move. You cannot get it out of the way reguardless. We had them in one unit and got the regular recliners in the next one. We got rid of the regular ones because we thought they were very uncomfortable and just got some good small Lazyboy's.

Pillow Package, If you want some cheap decorator stuff go for it.

Queen bed option? They did not have option for queen when we got ours. I would recommend it because of very small space between bed and front closet with a king size. To hard to get to that side of bed to make or just get in.

Jim

ChopperBill

We like our Euros-make the place look classy.
GEL COAT!
We have the optional queen bed. Would not be a lot of room with the king. Got a nice little night stand with a cubby hole with it.
We got the pillow option. Renee thinks they look like "clown pillow" keeps them in the bed room. I think they also look classy. Not woth the hundred bucks though.
I personally wouldnt bet that the satillite connections will work so you might as well plan on doing your own install. Ours had a plate in the bedroom that said "satillite" for the hook up. Not even a cable running to it.
Put your own tires on it when it arrives! Do some search on this.

Uncle Rog

Howdy, we bought ours right off the lot with every thing you mentioned except the hitch, gen prep and good tires. If we were to order a unit the pillow package would probably be excluded, they are nice, but the first thing sweety did was put them in the house and went shopping fo a new set! We like the king size workbench. Hope this helps.

tensleep

tensleep
For those of you that do have the central vac, where is the outlet box located (where you put the hose in) on the 3055?

I am really hoping I am wrong, but it looked like that box was at the bottom outside of the step and stuck out at least an inch or two. I just could imagine hitting a heel on it going down the steps, or a toe on it going up the steps. Ouch!

Jimmyt5

That just were ours is on a 3055, put it has not been a problem. Believe me if it was a problem we would have tripped over it......lol

Jim

ChopperBill

tensleep said:
For those of you that do have the central vac, where is the outlet box located (where you put the hose in) on the 3055?

I am really hoping I am wrong, but it looked like that box was at the bottom outside of the step and stuck out at least an inch or two. I just could imagine hitting a heel on it going down the steps, or a toe on it going up the steps. Ouch!
Doesn't seem to be in the way but I can see your point. It could be mounted off center or in the wall some where. Would make more sense.
Renee did leave the door up once and tripped on it. But I have a feeling a couple of glasses of wine might have come into play. ;)

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Here's our opinions on the options that we have.

Aluminum wheels? Yes

Gel Coat? Yes

Electric Rear jacks? Yes

Trail-Air hitch? Yes

Gen. Prep? We went with solar.

Heartland Euro chairs? Are they comfy? No. We got the UltraLeather recliners, which Don loves. I'm still more comfy on the sofa.

Central vac? Is it worth it? For space saving I'd say yes, but if I can make room for our Dyson it will be the vac for me. Where do you store the hose? In the W/D closet since we don't have the W/D.

Fantastic Fan w/ rain sensor...what is this exactly? Yes, it works like a whole house attic fan when you have comfy outside temps.

Pillow package...what is this? Decorative throw pillows. Came in our Landmark, but I replaced them.

Queen bed...why do they charge for this option? Because it costs more to make any change outside the norm on a production line. We like our king.

Will they wire it for satellite in BOTH living room and bedroom? We will have Directv. N/A

Bigger axle and tires? We got disc brakes and aftermarket Goodyears.

sjrellis

OK, I need a quick answer on this. I need to know the dimension of the tv compartment in the 3670. I'm going to buy the tv but do not have the trailer yet. Probably ordering on Monday.

THANKS!!

sjrellis

Anybody have a 3670 that can help me? I need the dimensions of the tv compartment. I want to buy the tv for it today.

Thanks!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Which TV...living room or bedroom?

Living room is 34W x 18.5H (depth doesn't apply, can only use flat screen)

bedroom is 21W x 18 3/4H x 13D (depth is a shallowest end)

Hope this helps.