Satellite TV Hookup

SeldomSeen

Anyone out there that has a 2011 Greystone 29mk that has hooked up satellite TV? Also does your TV pull away from the wall or is it just stationary? I think all I have to do is connect my satellite dish to the satellite connector in the trailer and then run a coax cable from the inside receiver to the TV, is that correct. When I turn on the receiver and the tv the satellite menu should walk me thru the rest of the set up, right?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, kinda. You will first have to aim your dish for a good signal.
I would also check the satellite connector in the coach.
Use a couple of jumpers and your digital multi-meter to test the cable. Or you could get a coax toner.
Normally I know the co-ordinates for setting up the dish before I hook anything up.
You can get these by entering the zip code in the menu of the receiver. I would do that at home prior to the trip.
Or get a smart phone app such as Satellite Finder. It will give you all the settings based on your location.
Hope this is more helpful than confusing.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Seldomseen,

What you've described is the basic arrangement where the trailer has an outside satellite connector(s) that is separate from the cable connector. Reading between the lines, it sounds like you have a dish that automatically locates the satellite once you tell it where you are. Make sure you have the dish documentation with you, including the support phone # in case you the automatic part doesn't go smoothly the first time.

Also, it's usually a good idea to do the initial setup with the dish connected directly to the receiver. If you have any kind of cable or connector issue with the trailer wiring, it'll unnecessarily complicate your setup. After you have the satellite all set up, then switch to the trailer wiring.