no signal

rettus72

I just want to start off by saying this is a great site with lots of information.
I just purchased a 2010 north trail 31qbss. We were setting up the interior and i pult a small lcd flat screen where the tv stand in the main area is. I hooked it up corectly, and no signal. I remembered we had a digital conversion box, just in case the flat screen LCD did not have a digital tuner, still nothing no channels were ever found. i tried spinning the antenna with no luck, i also turned on the booster. I did not try the other connections, as i ran out of time. Does anyone know what i could be doing wrong?

thanks Joel

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, it sounds like you are doing the right things.
But did you do a channel scan?
Make sure your TV input is set on 'Air'.
You also might want to check all the coax connectors. Unscrew them and look for any strand of shielding wire touching the center wire.
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

CliffP

If you do find loose ends buy a good commercial type crimp tool and fittings. The hex type crimps are just not that reliable.

pegmikef

and we assume that there are signals available, correct? I have camped in a lot of places where there were none.

wdk450

A nice upgrade to have, is the Weingard digital signal booster faceplate. This will give you an indication of if you are getting any signals, and help you in aiming your antenna.
Here is a link: As far as I know this works with all RV TV anteenas (despite what Winegard says): http://www.winegard.com/mobile/wallplates.php

rettus72

I tried it in my driveway, with no signal. According to a signal scan website there should be several channels available.
I did try different inputs for the scan, read the directions over and over. I have it in storage now, but will have it out later this week to check the coax connections.
thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Joel, There have been a few reports of the antenna amplifier being wired wrong. I'll attach a PDF of the manual for it. They are all basically the same.

Attachments

• Antenna Tek.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 58