Hi There

Chicobico

Good morning to all,
I'm new to this computer stuff so please bare with me if I'm in the wrong place or asking a question in the wrong place.lol My daughter is still trying to teach me the computer world of forums. I see the word portal and I'm afraid I'll be lost for ever :) just kidding...Anyway My questions is being my dear wife and I have a keen interest in the Cyclone 4100 Toy Hauler. What size of truck is needed to pull that beauty? We have a 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 HD 4x4, Laramie 6.7 cumins Diesel. Look forward to a RV-ing lesson.
Chicobico

danemayer

Hi Chicobico,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with you.

Great to hear that you're interested in the Cyclone 4100. You'll no doubt get a bunch of answers shortly. You also may want to visit a website created by another Heartland Owner that's designed to help you answer this type of question.

The 4100 has a GVWR of 18,000# and a pin weight a bit over 3000#. If your truck is a dually, you're probably fine. If it's single rear wheel, you might be on the edge or a bit overloaded.

Chicobico

Hi danemayer,
Thank you kindly for the info. I've been told great things about this site.
Talk later, and have a great day!!
Chicobico

alaska dodge

I pull mine with a 2012 3500, 6.7dually. I have timbrins installed and the truck pulls fine. There is one member who has a 3500 single rear wheel and air bags and has said he didn't have any issues

steiny93

for your first post you've zero'd in on a hot button of the rv community :)

you'll see and hear many differing opinions on the towing topic here is a very active thread happening right now on a different forum http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25251954.cfm

my take
figure out what your new rig is going to weigh when loaded and get something that at a minimum is spec'd to pull that; make sure to take into account both the gross weight of the rv as well as as the pin weight (some of these get pretty heavy)

you'll see the big toy haulers being pulled by anything from a 3/4 ton to a full on tandem axle semi; you'll have to make the call as to which works best for you
happy hunting!