No DVD Pic

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Alright, Everything worked great since we purchased the BH. When we got to our summer resting place the DVD player would have audio but no video and the power kept going off intermediately to the Genesis. I pulled the unit out and found that the fuze had came apart..problem solved for the power. I thought that there would possibly be a loose connection at the TV. Well today is day three of rain here in Thumb Area of Michigan and I finally got motivated to pull the board over the tv and pull it out, but, all the connections are good.

So now I'm at the point that it is gonna be something internal in the Genesis and needs to be replaced. If anyone has any thoughts experience I'm wide open to suggestion at this point.

I have reset the Genesis to the factory defaults and no luck.

I have not tried a new cord because I don't have one long enough, but, they have continuity on both sides of each of the three RCA Cables.

As alway's I know my Heartland Comrades will come to the rescue so thanks in advance.

jbeletti

Rex,

Any chance when you removed the unit to fix the fuse, that you temporarily unpluged the video cable? Also, do you have the Genesis 2.0 or 3.0?

I removed a 2.0 here at the Pacific Region rally in an attendee's coach to see about getting TV audio through the surround system. I noticed on the 2.0 that there are several video outs (yellow) and some video ins (also yellow). So I'm wondering if you have a cable plugged into the correct place.

I also noticed on the 2.0 that there is NO "component" video output (red, green and blue connectors).

Hoping you have the 3.0 as it's a bit more feature rich.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
All of your suggestions are greatly appreciated, but, I've done all of them :( wish it were that easy. I've tried all the yellow plugs on the back of the Genisis and the tele but they never moved to begin with.

The Tele is on the right input......

I'm afraid there is something gone wrong inside.

Seems like we are all hitting the same points and I don't know what else to do.

Thanks, for the ideas but we'll get a dealer to look at it and go from there. I have no doubt that Heartland will make it right.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Have you tried a different video source connected directly to the TV? Maybe when the fuse blew it was caused by a short or something in the TV? Or different TV to the Genesis?

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I've spent some time on the phone with JD at Heartland. I have, at JD's request, done some checks for him and the conclusion is that the Genesis has a internal problem. So it will be replaced. I can't ask for any more than that.

As always Heartland's top notch customer service was there for me.

jbeletti

Thanks for the update Rex. Hope you get the replacement unit soon. If you get it by the MI rally, we can help you install it. 4 screws and a bunch of wires :) But you can probably do it in your sleep by now.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the update Rex. Hope you get the replacement unit soon. If you get it by the MI rally, we can help you install it. 4 screws and a bunch of wires :) But you can probably do it in your sleep by now.

You aren't joking! There is a rat's nest in there. I still have it setting out, and thankfully all those wires are bundled into plugs.

See you on the 23rd.

rick_debbie_gallant

Rex, did you get one ordered yet? You could alway pick it up at General Rv in Birchrun on your way through. By the way the machine you helped me hook up is still working. Just have not gotten around to rewiring my barn. Been tryin to clean the barn up a little.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Rex, did you get one ordered yet? You could alway pick it up at General Rv in Birchrun on your way through. By the way the machine you helped me hook up is still working. Just have not gotten around to rewiring my barn. Been tryin to clean the barn up a little.

JD at Heartland sent one out UPS and I should get it today or Monday.

Rick, you won't regret the the EMS, ours worked overtime last night. Had a power outage up here and dad-n-law fired up the generator @ 0300 this morning. We switched the fridge over to LP and nothing else was on so went back to bed. Keep in mind that our bedroom is in the back of the coach and I kept hearing a thump over and over before it hit me that it was the EMS kicking in and out. Got up and turned the breaker off.