ATF: Landmark - Refrigerator

lplott

Since I bought the Landmark, the refer has periodically blown the 15AMP fuse. Each time (twice) that I have taken it to the dealer (Pikes Peak Traveland, Colorado Springs, CO) they have not been able to duplicate the fuse blowing. I witnessed this myself. Now the unit will not run on LP, blowes the 15AMP fuse as soon as 115VAC is applied and unit will not turn on at all. Requesting suggestions for when I take it into the shop?
Thank you, Lonnie

FordMan1966

My 2013 Landmark is doing the same thing. I have an appointment to take to the dealer on Wednesday. Mine was blowing the 15 amp fuse when it would go from LP to 50 amp. However when I left the campground today it went to LP and before I plugged into 30 amp at home I looked and the fuse was blown. My dad had a Winnebago one time that did the same thing and the heater on the refrigerator had a short in it. They replaced that part and all was good.
I will post there findings if they can fix it.

FordMan1966

I just spoke with a Customer Service person from Norcold and they told me that it had to be the Heater, Board or the Cord. The guy was curious why it was blowing the 15 amp fuse when the refrigerator he said only had a 5 amp fuse in it.

FordMan1966

There is another forum on here about the same issue that we are both experiencing. There are pictures of a group of Wires that have been knicked and pinched. I dropped mine off at the dealer this morning for repairs and they said most likely this is the problem. They are going to keep mine for a few days to repair several things and fix this problem as well.

DougS

Doug S
Some of us have had the 12 volt, 15 amp fuses blow, I went through 12 fuses till I found my problem. On my unit, 2011 Grand Canyon, on the slide near the corner closest to the rear of the unit, the wires going through the floor were drilled too far from the outside wall and were crushed by the seal when the slide came in. I separated the wires, taped them, then had dealer re-route the wires when I was able to get to the dealer.
if you are talking about 110 volts breaker, look for short by bare wires. Might check continuity on terminals of heating element and make sure there is no continuity between terminals to metal bolt of element.