Single ladies at Rallies

360gal

As a single gal, I've had concerns about attending rallies alone....would I have someone to visit with, dinner seating, etc.

Well, no need to have given those concerns a second thought. I've had an amazing time at the regional rally in canyonville, Oregon. Such great people that have all made me feel so welcome and accepted. John and lori Dawson, along with many others have put on one fun time..

I think it would be fun to have a thread for singles who travel with their rv's alone...

Wharton

Escapees has a fairly large group of singles, called Solos, that seem to have a great time together. I have only seen them at rallies but have heard they meet during the year.

360gal

Thank you, I'll look into escapees. I am not looking for a means to meet single men, just us brave souls who aren't willing to let the grass grow under our feets...life is good!

wdk450

360 Gal:
I have been doing this single for a couple of years since my wife passed. I was at Canyonville. MaryBeth (Flaming Knitter) is single but brings her daughter's family along to most rallies.
I got involved with a singles RVing group the LOW's. Escapees and good Sam clubs have singles groups, too.

Happy RVing!!!

Addendum: LOW's owns an RV park in Demming New Mexico, with member full hookup rates of about $150 monthly, and lots of neighbors doing the single RV thing.

http://lonersonwheels.com/index.html

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The Escapees have a great single ladies group. Part of what they call Birds of the Feather which has a lot of different groups. I have met some of the single ladies in New Mexico a few years ago. One lady had a motorcycle accident and was laid up in the campground until she healed enough to travel on. A number of the other single ladies came by picked her up and took her with them on a trip of a couple of weeks. They seem to be a great group of Ladies.

As for the Heartland group. We will treat you like everyone else. Try to give you a hard time, pick on you and hopefully make a new friend. Don't let being single stop you from attending any of the Heartland Rallies. I am sure you will meet a lot of nice people. So Cowgirl up and Get'er Done..

Respectfully Mam. (LOL) Teee Heee...
BC

jbeletti

Diana,

Great idea for the Single Ladies at Rallies thread. It was great meeting you. I really admire your courage to get out there and have fun and handle that RV. Stay in touch with all of us via this community. We're all here to help each other, even if it's just giving advice and helping to build confidence. Hope to her about you going to more rallies out west this year :)

Leanna66

Glad to see this thread. I've been concerned about the same thing. I am a single, recently-retired, woman. I want to get out and see the world and enjoy life. I don't think I should have to have a man in my life to do that. And I'm not seeking one. Hope to see new places and make new friends.

jbeletti

Glad to see this thread. I've been concerned about the same thing. I am a single, recently-retired, woman. I want to get out and see the world and enjoy life. I don't think I should have to have a man in my life to do that. And I'm not seeking one. Hope to see new places and make new friends.

Hi Leanna,

I see you already have your RV and you are in Oklahoma. Not sure if you've already joined us for it, but our Oklahoma Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club has had rallies already and has another one planned. Joining us at rallies is a super way to learn more about your RV and may help you get the most out of your RV lifestyle.

If you can make the Pacific Regional Rally in Temecula this October, their may be two other single gals there with their Heartlanders (flaming knitter and 360 gal).

Happy camping and consider joining the Club!

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
First off - let me say as a widowed male - I've never felt out of place at a heartland rally ( except for maybe the first one ). I too commend your courage! The Heartland group is a great bunch of folks and I enjoy every weekend I spend with them. and I really get alot out of the sense of "belonging" and the community of this very active Forum.

If you are looking for a large group of singles - well there are better groups out there that have that as a mission as mentioned in earlier posts. but if you are looking to have some good times, with good (new) friends that instill a sense of belonging... you may have found it here.

Kevin

TXTiger

I have always traveled solo. Before I purchased my Cyclone I rode my Harley cross country several times a year, usually alone. Now I travel with my Ford pulling my Heartland with my Harley inside the toy hauler. I am listed as Tony and ? on most rally attendee lists, lol lol lol.

wdk450

I want to make one more post on this subject to sadly relate what has been told to me by more than a few single RVing women, both in Heartland Owner's and Loners On Wheels groups. These women have separately related to me that they have had individual conversations on RV topics with married male members at RV campouts, only to be accosted by angry, jealous wives. Somehow these wives assume that single women at RV events are always "on the prowl", and "out to get their man". These sad acts of hostility sort of sour the whole RVing experience for these single women, and they seek out the singles groups instead, where they feel more welcome.

So I am asking that we all only think the BEST of each other, maybe count to 10 before we say something hurtful we will regret, and be the best of RVing neighbors.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Wow... Sorry to hear such a thing. Bill I don't contest what you're saying but in all of my travels with Heartland Owners Groups I have never seen or heard of this problem. If it is so, it surely isn't necessary to be that way. I am very fortunate. My DW is not jealous. I have guy friends and lady friends.

For any single lady or guy that is reading this, as far as me and my DW, you are always welcome to attend the rallys and free to come visit either me, my DW or both at any time. We are both secure enough with each other we have no problem.

I think the Heartland Owners Members are all great people and I hope it stays that way.

FWIW
BC

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Glad to hear you are brave enough to travel on your own. I wish more women did. Lots of wives won't even learn to drive the truck, let alone tow the trailer. You will never be out of place at a Heatland gathering. In fact many of the women will be secretly jealous of your confidence.

Kristy

360, You were with us all at the Oregon rally last year and we all had a blast. Now times that fun 10 fold and that would be the national rally. See if Jim can place you down by our group and I assure you, you will have a blast.

360gal

Al and donna, and all who replied to this thread.

I think Indiana is too far, even for me :cool:. If there were others leaving from here, here being Oregon, I might have considered caravaning.

As to being confronted by jealous wives...haven't encountered any of that. People have been so supportive, husbands and wives, of my independant ways. I've had some wives tell me that they admire me for towing that "big thing", and many husbands say they wish their wives would drive theirs.

I thoroughly enjoy this group and have enjoyed the camaraderie that develops with fellow RVers. Hope to meet and see more Heartland Owners in the future.

Diana

Diana, Donna and I are going to the rally and you can caravan with us. Also if you can't make it to Indiana, Oregon is having a rally at the same time. Call Kristy and she can fill you in.

Al