TI models canceled

rnewk52

We went to a local Heartand dealers show/sale this past weekend and talked with Brad from the Big Country division and
he told us he had heard the TI-35 was being discontinued. After much discussion and disbelief on our part he said
we should contact the factory to get the official word.

I called Kary Katzenberger today, 8-13-12, and got the "official" word
that the TI-32 and the TI-35 both are being cancelled. //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon8.png//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon8.png

I asked when the final cutoff date was for ordering a TI-35 and he said the last order date had already past and the only way
to get either model will be to find a dealer with one in inventory. I did not think to ask about the Cyclone and Road Warrior
with the TI nose cap so I do not know about them.

SO......if anyone is thinking about either of these models you probably need to locate one soon and get the deal done.
We love our TI-32, but if we find the right deal on a TI-35 we will definitely trade up.

Westwind

I guess sales were not what they thought they would be, I found the pin weights to be heavy and the inside sort of tight in the bedroom in comparison to a high profile and no one could give me accurate information if I would get an increase in mileage to warrant putting up with some things that I didn't care for. So I went with a standard Bighorn and I was getting decent prices on the TI.

sengli

We heard the same info about a month ago. I thought the TI was a clever idea, but really saw nothing from heartland on marketing them to any large degree. I didn't even realize what they were all about till recently. Never saw one of any of them on the dealers lots, and we looked. I heard the cyclone 370C, which is the TI version is also a gonner.

Last edited:

ILH

When my wife and I were looking at new unit we looked at the ti model - but found the bathroom was too tight. Otherwise the layout was nice.

caissiel

I use to own a Glendale RV and followed the evolution of the TI and for me its a practicle design for the drivers that want a shorter setup with smaller unit in mind then a Big Horn. The units could be build on a much smaller frame and much lighter then similar lenght RV's.
But the front cap for me did not fit my needs as its a driving obsticle that extend way behound the cab on a swing turn. It was the demise of the Glendale factory as they build nice units prior to the TI`s, and limited they trailer layout choices, and prices realy hurt them badly. I was not very happy to see them go but they did not offer any conventional design for us that fit our needs.
Once we are at longer RV`s what is a 4 ft difference, besides the basement storage was greatly sacrificed to shorten the pin lenght. And we all need as much storage we can get, and Heartland has the solution for that.

ZAZ

I know this might be a little old.....but is was looking at rvw's site and noticed that you cant even get a 370c built. So is the 370c not being built either?

brianharrison

I know this might be a little old.....but is was looking at rvw's site and noticed that you cant even get a 370c built. So is the 370c not being built either?

I assume the 370c had the patented nose cap? I cannot answer your question about them still being built, but being that your are in Alberta, I know Sundre Motors in Sundre had a couple of cyclones on their lot with the patented nose cap. I drove by there on Sunday.

On the RV Wholesalers site I see they still list the 370C, just not the full option list --> http://www.rvwholesalers.com/design/Cyclone_5th/Cyclone_5th.php?floorplan=370C

Brian

sengli

they current sales listings all show "dealer stock only" on all of the TI series coaches. If you want one you better find one soon. I thought they were a neat idea.

RBrown

We have a 2012 Bighorn Ti32 that was delivered to us late November 2011 and immediately went into storage. Last spring we prepped it for a summer of weekend excursions and a week long trip to southern Maine. We have been pleased with our purchase and have had several folks stop and admire our coach at many of the camp grounds we've stayed at. We are very disappointed that Heartland has decided to stop production of this unique and easy to tow fiver. We pull our trailer with a 2011 F350 SRW Double Cab 6.7L diesel and average around 13.5 mpg. We're confident that with more aggressive marketing and exposure at RV shows this design would have continued to be a popular choice of folks looking for a well constructed and unique floor plan. Although the design does reduce the avaiable storage space in the basement we have experienced no difficulty finding places to store all of our things. The full body paint scheme certainly attracts looks everywhere we go to!