CY4100HD: ? Re TV Connections Outside

Does anyone know why there are 2 TV connections outside where the refrigerator is located outside in the cubby hole on a Cyclone 4100HD? They arent marked is one for Sat and One for Cable? Also the dealer put a jumper on both sat in plugs on the back side of camper why? My unit has automatic seek and find Satellite. Would this be the place to diplex it and jump signal back into the cable through out the camper? Thanks in Advance for your help!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Pretty sure the "cubby hole" connectors are one for cable, one for satellite. Not too sure about the jumpering of the other location. However, I suspect that's where the feed from the roof unit comes to, then it has to be fed back into the trailer. That's how it works on my Landmark. It woudl be wired that way so folks with an external sat antenna could connect in.

danemayer

the dealer put a jumper on both sat in plugs on the back side of camper why? My unit has automatic seek and find Satellite. Would this be the place to diplex it and jump signal back into the cable through out the camper? Thanks in Advance for your help!
If your automatic seek and find Satellite is mounted on the roof, the jumper connects the wire from the roof to the satellite wiring that goes inside. If your plan is to split the signal there and feed it into the cable input, be aware that the cable coax input joins the antenna coax at the signal booster and that circuit board will probably not pass satellite signals. Also, if you have high-definition satellite, splitting the signal may be more difficult as some splitters work with standard definition but not with high-def.

It may be possible to do what you want, but it may not be simple.