2013 Oregon Chapter Rally Discussion

Do you want to go to Winchester Bay June 21-23?

• We'll be there but I prefer something else (below).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Its time to start planning and I found out this morning that the planning should have started a month ago!

There was discussion in Canyonville that doing the Oregon rally in August at Winchester Bay would be ideal.

Unfortunately, Winchester Bay does not have any space for us in August.:(:(:(

They do have space in June as we have done in the past. We looked at the weekend of June 21-23. Remember that they have built a meeting room on the campground property so we would be OK if the weather was "moist" and/or too cool to be outside.

They can't hold the sites for us and are filling up fast for the whole of next year. I need to give them an answer within a week.

What do you want to do?

Our other options would probably be inland where it could still be wet and/or hot depending on the date. I don't know of any other coastal parks that could host a rally of about 30 rigs with a meeting room. We are not all that familiar with a lot of inland parks since we usually go out of state to camp.

If you don't want Winchester in June - how about suggestions for where to go during June, July and August. I still teach, so it has to be during my summer months.

Please vote ASAP and give suggestions if you have them.

Thanks,
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Nice looking park, PJ. Their rates for summer are high. It says they have meeting areas, but doesn't mention a room. It could definitely be a place to look at for the future. Might make a good place to go for a trip in the fall months.

Kristy

PS. So far, the vote is 4 for Winchester in June and none for any of the other options.

Gaffer

The meeting room is on the site map. It was there when we last stayed. I have not seen inside but will check it out for a future rally and or campout.

ZNK

Can WA chapter members attend OR rallies? Hope this isnt a dumb question :cool:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Can WA chapter members attend OR rallies? Hope this isnt a dumb question :cool:

Hey Zack,

We take all Heartland owners at any of our rallies. Those who have joined the club don't have to pay a rally fee like nonmembers and SOB rigs are asked to do. Lots of people end up joining the club during a rally, and lots of people are now Heartland owners who used to have SOBs. They find out how much fun we have and want to be part of our group.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I kind of figured that. We can't make it to Goshen after I get out of school, so, June will work, since August won't.

Have fun in Italy and Turkey!

Kristy

ZNK

Hey cool. Good to know. So the chapters are just ways to manage us huh?

BTW I see this a lot. What is SOB?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Leaders are kind of like social directors. People can drop in to whatever event they want, and we plan the parties.

Kristy

PS. SOB means some other brand rather than a description of someone's temperament. Lol

ZNK

Kristy,

Got it! I figured it had something to do with an inferior something... lol We will try to make it to another rally in Oregon. Had a blast in Canyonville.

djgarcia

Kristy,
This is Dick and Diana Garcia from Chico. Winchester Bay in June sounds great. We really like the RV park and the area. Send us more information about the June Rally when it is available. Thanks
dick and diana

reverts

Hi Kristy,

Sounds good to Rich and I we really liked Winchester Bay and would like to attend. It was great seeing you and Mark in Canyonville and wish we could have stayed longer.

We would love to join you in Winchester Bay, but unfortunately our summer stay in Oregon will not begin until after the 4th of July. Have a great time!!!

Jack & Bev Reed
xraisingrower

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Jim,
We can't do September since I have to be in school by then. I can't host a rally from my classroom. LOL

I know the timing is tough, but that is what they have available. If you have other ideas about where to go, please let me know so I can check them out.

Kristy

jdfishing

Deb and I would love to be there, as this is where it all started for us, but we are currently planning on the national rally in Goshen. Me, myself, I would choose Winchester Bay over Goshen. Nothing against the national rally, it's the Indiana thing I have a problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.