Edge M21 Microwave Oven Upgrade

evolvingpowercat

I replaced the High Point 1.0 cubic foot microwave oven with a Sharp R820BK Grill 2 Convection Microwave Oven, and Sharp R82 wall mount kit. The black version of this microwave is being closed out by Walmart.com and is currently priced by them at $ 219.00 I found the black R82 wall kit online for $ 109 at a web site: saveyourdough.com The wall kit is critical to safely use this in a RV in a cabinet mount situation.

In addition to the basic microwave functions, this can bake, grill, and combination operate as both convection oven and microwave to brown meat being microwaved. It bakes brownies, cookies, and muffins great, and cooks pizza with nice crispy crust, some things to cook and eat that were on my Edge camping "wish list". As a Sharp it is quality thru and thru should last many years.

I had to cut the microwave cabinet opening a littler bigger, and I had to construct a 5 1/4" cabinet bump out to the microwave cabinet to accomodate the larger size of this microwave, and had to move down the outlet. The front of the microwave extends about 6" past the cabinet which is the same amount the range hood was already extending out.

Photo1.jpg

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 28

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Very nice. Great Mod. We miss the convection oven from our last North Trail. New one has an oven with a seperate microwave. We have never used the oven yet.

Nice work!