Landmark Augusta Question

kkamshop

I have been a member of this forum for some time, but this is my first post.

I have always liked the fit/finish of the Landmarks, but there was never a floorplan I liked.............. until now. :)

My question concerns the placement of the microwave - is there any reason the microwave could not be moved so the lower edge is even with the bottoms of the cabinets? And if this is possible, can it be done at the factory or at a remodel shop or would this fall into the "do it yourself" catagory?

Thanks so much, Kathy

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well I have seen a production model in person and I have to say it is a really nice unit. I'm not sure if you know it but the Convection/Microwave is also the vent hood for the stove. I'm also not sure if there is a dimension above the stove that would make that "code" if there is such a thing for RV's. A lot of people at the Rally shared an interest if having the microwaves moved lower for better ergonomics. I do know that there is a company in Elkhart that can make modifications of this type. I hear they are really good and reasonable. I hope someone will chime in and tell you who they are.

Last edited:

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Kathy, In looking at the photos of the Augusta and looking at the microwave in our Mt. Rushmore I don't think the microwave could be moved down without being damaged by the heat of the stove burners. and being in the way of cooking. Our microwave is at the same level with our cabinets, but the cabinet next to the microwave in the Augusta appears to be a good bit longer. Our cabinets are all at about the level of the cabinets to the far right of the microwave in the Augusta. I would guess that both microwaves are at about the same height. I'm 5'2" and I don't have any problem using our microwave, unlike in our last 5ver where I had to use a step stool to get hot dishes out of the microwave.

Sheri

kkamshop

Thanks everyone for your replies, as you may have guessed I am "vertically challenged". I have noticed that when the kitchen is in a slideout the cabinets are not as high.

I really like the Augusta floorplan and Heartland has been on our short list since we took a factory tour in May. They were building Big Country units while we were there.

jbeletti

Found some online in Texas, Florida and Mississippi but nothing closer to you like Indy or Cincinnati.

I suggest you try to contact Gary Davis at Hartland RV outlet (574-970-9701 / hartlandrvsales@aol.com). If they don't have one on their lot in Elkhart, they will likely have one soon. I realize it's 200 miles but it may be worth the road-trip. Lots of hotels nearby and you can do a factory tour while you're in town.

Also, consider giving Heartland a call (574-262-5992) to ask them to do an inventory search for the closest dealer to your city with an Augusta in stock or on order.

Jim