Finally bought a generator

SeldomSeen

:cool:Well, I finally pulled the plug and purchased a remanufactured Champion 2000 watt generators. Got it the other day, put oil and gas in it and it fired up on the second pull. I then plugged in a drill, circular saw and a fan and it did just fine. Put in on econ mode and it was so silent I talked on the phone standing right next to it. I thought I would take it down and charge the batteries up in the 5ver but didn't have the accessory charger cable so I went to Cabalas and the guy down there told me not to use that cable, has a tendency to over charge the battery. He suggested just hooking up a battery charger to the generator and then charging the battery, he said that method was much safer. I will try that tomorrow. Anyhow, so far so good and I only ended up paying $350.00. Oh, by the way, I contacted Champion prior to my purchase and they stated that all remanufactured generators are as good or better than the new ones because they put in all the newest parts. We will see how that works.

caissiel

My neigbour camper just bought possibly the the same model. Only one problem was that his microvave seam to load up the unit to much and kick the breaker. We are still investigating why with a breaker of higher rating then the Honda 2000 model that don't kick out.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
My neigbour camper just bought possibly the the same model. Only one problem was that his microvave seam to load up the unit to much and kick the breaker. We are still investigating why with a breaker of higher rating then the Honda 2000 model that don't kick out.

Laurent.... Not all 2000 watt generators actually put out the same amperage. The Honda puts out 13.3 amps ( not sure what the champion puts out). If I remember correctly, the microwave needs 12.5, so it's getting close. The manufacturers use 1000 or 2000 like a series or model, you have to read the fine print as they are not always exactly what you think they are.

sjs731

I have the battery charging accessory cord for my Yamaha but it says to not use it to charge batteries that are over 40 AH on size.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeldomSeen

Plan on trying the microwave later next week to see if there is a problem, will let everyone know what happens then.

pegmikef

I just charge my batteries using the trailers converter. I use an adapter and hook up one of my Hondas to the rigs power cable. Seems faster than using the generator (I do have the charge kit) and I don't want to haul around a battery charger. Nice price.

I'm looking at buying a honda EU3000isC2, does anyone have any experience with one. Will it handle a single 1500 BTU air conditioner in a pinch?

jimtoo

Hi ianadnnormaross,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think it will handle one a/c OK... may not be able to have anything else on at startup.. like micro.. hair dryer,, electric water heater. Others that have one will jump in soon I'm sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I'm looking at buying a honda EU3000isC2, does anyone have any experience with one. Will it handle a single 1500 BTU air conditioner in a pinch?

porthole

Retired

Yes. We have one too. The 3000 is rated at 2800 continuous, so that is 23 amps. When we have used it with the AC I just limit all the other appliances to one at a time, e.g coffee pot (most important) hot water heater etc.

If the coffee pot when first started is kicking out the Genny, I just switch the AC to fan only until the coffee is done.