just picked up a tailgater fully automatic dish

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Wow, you sure did! Got ours back in May and love it. Just gotta have a clear shot at the southern sky and your good to go.

ncc1701e

We love ours also. I just hated putting it on the tripod and wanted a higher mount. Burnt a few brain cells and came up with this: Satelite Mount 1.jpg

scottyb

I just got one too. I like the way you mounted yours. Do you have any close-ups that show the mounting bracket? Also, where did you place you receiver box? There's not any good places near my TV.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We bought ours last year and I love it. I set it on the tripod and start the scan it's great. Before that I had the Wineguard manual dish and if we were just traveling and doing overnight stays, I wouldn't even get it out. It would take 15 - 20 minutes to get the old one set up, 5 min max on the tailgater and don't even break a sweat.

pegmikef

just picked up a tailgater fully automatic dish at the state fair special $249 did i get a deal or what:confused:

Yeah, I think that is a really good price. I thought I got a good price because I paid 380 for the Tailgater and the receiver, but I think they only changed me eighty dollars for the receiver which would make the tailgater 300 bucks.

We have had ours a year and have used it all over the southwest from Flagstaff to the Louisiana border and it works great. So far I have just set it on the ground or on my luggage rack when south is to the rear of the rig. I am reluctant to mount it anywhere because we camp in a lot of forested parks and being portable, it is really easy to move around to find an opening to the southerm sky, My "keep honest people honest" security is a heavy duty cable and lock.

Last edited:

ncc1701e

I agree on the reciever box. We move ours from the shelf under the TV everytime we break camp. Even the smaller 211 is to big to mount and leave. At least, not in any fashion I've found so far. As far as the ladder mounts, I bought a flag pole mount (model 2.0 - $50) from Flag Pole Buddy. The mount worked perfectly with a piece of 1-1/2 electrical PVC. Satelite Mount 5.jpg Satelite Mount 3.jpg Satelite Mount 4.jpg Satelite Mount 8.jpg Satelite Mount 9.jpg Satelite Mount 2.jpg Satelite Mount 7.jpg Satelite Mount 6.jpg