Cyclone 3800 Pin Weight ?'s

lucey

I recently weighed my 3800 empty other than 3/4 water and full propane. My pin weight was 3620lbs. I have yet to weigh it fully loaded ready to roll. The factory says 3200lbs. Not sure if this is empty or at 18000lbs ? Can anyone tell me what to expect for pin weight with front storage loaded with the usual stuff, full water, fuel and say 500-1000 lbs in the garage ? Can i expect it to change ? If so how much ? Just looking at a 2006 Chev dually and the payload is in the 4800 lb range. Not worried about it being able to pull but want to keep numbers legal on the door post. GVW, Fr and Rr Axle, Tire etc. BC is a little sticky lol

PS. My 3/4 Dodge pulls it like nothing !

DW_Gray

I just posted information about the new app, Before You Buy RV. Here's your chance to try it out and let me know if it helped. Most of the time, you could expect that the pin weight will be near 20% of the RV GVWR. Could be more, could be less. Also, it depends on how much weight is in the garage. The garage weight will help reduce the pin weight.

http://BYBRV.com

TwoGypsies

We weighed our 2011 3812 at the Gillette rally. Pin weight was 4200 lbs fully loaded. We carry no water apart from maybe 10 gallons in the black tank. We had a Road King in the back. When it's not there the pin weight goes up based on truck squat but I don't know how much. In addition to pin weight you have to watch your total vehicle weight. Our 2011 F350 1 ton duallie is stickered for 13,300 lbs. With 4 people in the cab, a 65 gallon tank & a full tool box the truck was over by 550 lbs. Axle & tire weights were all good. Total GCVWR was under the allowed limit of 29,000 lbs. Trailer was slightly over at 18,275 lbs. The truck pulls just fine, and more importantly it handles and stops just fine, including high crosswinds and long downhills with sharp curves up here in Colorado.
As soon as we get our grandkids and their stuff out, we plan to go completely through the trailer (again) and remove unnecessary clothes, tools, equipment, and various CWFP's (Camping World Foolish Purchases) to try and get our weight down further.

DW_Gray

Trailer was slightly over at 18,275 lbs. The truck pulls just fine, and more importantly it handles and stops just fine, including high crosswinds and long downhills with sharp curves up here in Colorado.

If you don't know, would please check the height of the I-beam frame on your 3800. Is it 10" or 12"?

porthole

Retired
The trailers above the 3010 should have 12" frames.

Ill check my files when at the PC. I had checked my pin weight with garage empty, cart only, cart and bike.
IIRC, it was about 1 to 4 ratio, eg 800 pound cart took about 200 off the pin. 1600 pounds cart and bike took about 400 off.

That was a 3010', 10' garage, two axles.