location of splitter in new 2013 Elk Ridge 37 Ulta

Having trouble getting satellite signal to feed into camper from UDC. I have verified good satellite signal to my receiver, but get nothing into camper when I hook up dish to satellite connector in UDC.

Help!

PS. My Genesis DVD player has no audio or video output to Toshiba TV.

Thank you

danemayer

Hi spencer387,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

I'm not sure on the new Elk Ridge units how many satellite coax connectors you have - could be as many as 4. Many of the units have prewiring in the roof that terminates in the UDC, along with connectors that go to the living room and to the bedroom. If you have all 4, the leftmost usually goes to the living room. 2nd from the right usually goes to the bedroom. The other two go to the roof. If you had a rooftop installation, you'd jumper the connectors from the roof to the adjacent living room/bedroom connectors.

It's possible the labels in the UDC could be wrong, so try each of the connectors.

If that doesn't help, inspect all of the connections at both ends. Loose connectors and stray wire strands touching the center conductor are also known to have caused problems. On the backside of the UDC, there's another set of connectors that may have to be checked. If your living room connector is in a slideout, there could be a junction box under the slideout, possibly on the frame, with more connectors.

If this all sounds like too much, your dealer can undoubtedly straighten it out for you.