Elevated beds and electric bed lift systems

glfair

I just picked up my 2013 Road Warrion 305. We set up the elevated bed system and lowered the queen/bench seat and found it does not go low enough for the folding support legs to touch the floor. Can I adjust the bed so the supports touch the floor. What is the weight limit on that lower bed I see the upper bed is 300 pounds.

porthole

Retired
Look inside the tracks and see if you see a small steel plate with screws holding it to the track. Look below that plate for any additional threaded holes.
You may have some adjustment there.

danemayer

Hi glfair,

There have been some recent posts about "limit switches" on the electric lifts. If that's what you have, perhaps one of the switches needs to be adjusted.

porthole

Retired
Bed heights are set with blocks/plates and pins.

The upper bed can be blocked in two upper positions by the use of the four supplied pins. You would do this if you prefereed the upper bunk stay at ceiling height regardless of lower bunk position. Useful for using the lower bunks as seating.

The lower position of the upper bunk can be adjusted with this plate. If you look close at the pictures you can see multiple holes, but only the two holes above the plate are threaded.
On mine, I have the plate in the lower position, giving the most headroom.

HappiJac_stops_1.jpg

You can also "flip" the "L" shaped brackets on the bunks to gain some additional adjustment.

The lower bunk also has a similar but different way of setting the lower height.
You can see that in this picture. Again, with mine I have ii in the lower position (the upper bunks have similar "trolleys").

HappiJac_stops_2.jpg

The limit switches turn the motor off when travel "limit" has been reached and do not set heights. This prevents damage to the motor and or bed lift mechanical parts.

Attachments

• HappiJac Bed Lift User Manual.pdf
    145.8 KB · Views: 87

glfair

I just need to lower the lower bench so the legs touch the floor. Does anyone know weight limit on lower bunk

ILH

Mine also says 300 lb limit for the upper bunk. I'm not sure there is a stated limit for the lower bunk since it is intended to be supported by the legs.

BTW, my lower bunk legs go right to the floor.

glfair

thanks for info taking it to bristol on thursday for first trip....how do you like your 305....what size are the fuel tanks? can you fill gen tank from the pumping station to use both gas tanks....anything else good or bad to look out for we have same trailer minus the patio

ILH

We've had our 305 since May. We've probably been on about 10 trips so far - two of them for about two weeks each. We didn't order the generator option (had to think long and hard about it - couldn't justify it at the time). However - boy am I ever glad we got the patio! We've used it so much.

In terms of comments - we've had some issues so far (which are being addressed under warranty) - such as a sagging sofa, vacuum not turning off, master bed frame repair and some other cosmetic defects. Overall, very sound construction.

The mods we did right away consisted of:

1. door push handles
2. shelves in the cupboards by the tv
3. sewer hose holder under the rv

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

glfair

This is the response i got back from hapijac...i will try this if it doesnt work i will look at trolly tabs..i will let you know...thanks

To Manually Lower the beds:
1. Unplug the motor
2. Release the brake
3. Apply downward pressure to the bed platform.
Bed will slowly drift downward.
4. Re-apply brake at desired

VAbow

My lower bunk was the same way. During PDI I saw this and they had to replace the legs with longer ones. Works like they should now.