Anyone installed a car stereo for the outdoor speakers???

RCF

On our last SOB TT, I'd want to listen to music while outside in the evenings after dinner, but my youngest son would usually want to watch a movie inside. Obviously I couldn't do both.

With the Bighorn's large storage area underneath, I am thinking of installing a car stereo wired to the outdoor speakers. Anyone else done this? Thinking I can just wire in post "On/Off" switch for the speakers, so if we ever want to hear whatever is playing inside, we could. 12V power obviously won't be hard in this location. Any other thoughts/ideas?

Trying to think of where to mount it. I could cut a hole and mount it in the wall with the vacuum, etc. Or I could use a piece of sheet metal to fab a "bracket" to mount it on the ceiling of the storage area, similar to the Level-up. Thoughts?

CactusTwo

Ever thought to buy a construction boom box from Lowes or HD, I own a Milwaukee one, small, portable and I can hook up to my Ipod. It goes to the beach, the neighbors, in the house, it's been everywhere, built in antenna for AM and FM reception, back up battery for remote locals:confused:

RCF

That would be too easy!

I already have a car stereo from a couple of vehicles ago, and I like the thought of something "built-in". I picked up a piece of thin sheet metal yesterday at Home Depot and bent it to fit. Will work on finding wiring, etc. today and looking at mounting location prior to taking the BH to storage this afternoon. Then I'll get the sheet metal drilled, painted, stereo mounted, etc., prior to our next trip and will just mount it then. I'll update this thread as I go. I also have a powered subwoofer in the garage from that truck - may look at installing that too!

Jimmy

Don't cut stuff yet, let me get a picture of mine. It is mounted inside the Hydraulics control area. you will like it....