NO Electric to Sundance

Just returned from an 800 mile trip to Chicago and back. Our electric worked just fine at the campground. Now when putting away the 5er in the pole barn, we can't get any electric power. At first thought it was a bad reducer plug, but still no power with a new plug. Keeps tripping the circut panel. Nothing unusual , rain etc, on the way home. Tryed all the fuse breakers in the 5er but no juice. Barn circuits work fine. Any suggestions?
We will be taking it to the dealer, but asking if anything else to try first.:confused:
LIZ

jpmorgan37

Liz;
Did you have it hooked up at the barn before you left? If it worked ok then, I would say that it is a coach problem If not, it could be a wiring problem in the recepticle. I assume that you are connecting to a 30 Amp recepticle.It sounds like it could be that your wires are reversed at the recepticle in the barn.

Just a possibility

John

John, we always keep it in the barn. Was working in the barn before the trip. All outlets in barn and all circuits in barn are good.
Liz

jbeletti

Liz,

By chance, were you using the water heater with the electric element? And then maybe drained the water heater, left that switch on and plugged into the barn?

Reason I ask is that I racked my brain for two days trying to trace down a short in a previous TT only to find that I fried the electric element in the water heater by dry-firing it (no water in the water heater). The frying of the element created enough of a ground fault issue that I kept tripping the GFCI 30 amp breaker at a state campground.

Jim

jpmorgan37

Liz'
Another thought. Turn off all breakers in the coach and plug it in. If it doesn't trip the barn breaker then, one at a time, turn on each breaker until you find the culpret. If it trips with all breakers off, I would look at the converter as a possible source of the problem.

John

Thanks John and Jim, I'll have my dear hubby do these checks. Yes we did use the electric heater, but I'm sure we turned it off before we drained the water storage, not even sure if water heater was drained. Will keep you informed of the outcome. Thanks,
LIZ

gotfu

The same thing with our trailer. I have traced the problem to the microwave circuit. Still under warranty so it will have to go to dealer for wty work. I used the method of turning off all breakers then one by one turning them on to find the culprit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, gotfu, our unit is at the dealer right now. I have wanted to replace the microwave because of the steam problems, so they will be looking at that too.
LIZ