No Bass in outside speakers

crmfghtr

I have a 2013 Key Largo with the outdoor entertainment center. It has a Genisis 2.0 DVD/MP3/MP4/CD/AM/FM/Bluetooth Unit with a remoote control and a 32 inch. Toshiba LCD TV. (Wow the was a mouth full). When I first turned on the unit the TV did not display in color and the sound appeared to have no Bass comming from the speakers. I broke out my trusty phamplet and began to setup the unit(s) for the perfect sound /picture quality. I have managed to get the TV color to work but I can't seem to get any desireable bass from the speakers. I have tried various settings but the best bass sound I can get (which is not very good) comes on when you select 3D in the on mode. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible to add a Bass speaker, I see Genisis sells a Woofer unit for about $59.00 has anyone bought this and did it change the sound quality?

Thanks,

Lozza

Hi did you resolve your problem,I have been trying to increase the bass on my unit.
I reside in Australia and have a 2012 Big Country 3250.

Regards Laurie.

danemayer

Hi did you resolve your problem,I have been trying to increase the bass on my unit.
I reside in Australia and have a 2012 Big Country 3250.

Regards Laurie.
Hi Laurie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Could you let us know which audio system (make/model) is in your Big Country.

Milton_and_PeggySue

Well you are right the sound from factory sucks big time, I added a woofer and a car amplifier do to the Genesis 2.o is a 12 volt system and that made a big difference, the other problem is the outside speakers, (low sound do to the distance from the Radio) you could add those speakers to the amplifier and you will get better sound outside.

Milton_and_PeggySue

I used the subwoofer from the house and I put it in the compartment to the left side of radio with double stick tape so it would not move. The amplifier on the right side, plus a switch to turned the amplifier off due to the radio hook up power at all times, ran the wires through a hole on the back corner. The outside speakers you have to get a small amplifier (300 watts) if you want to make them louder.Or replace the factory speakers with Marine speakers.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a notice in for warranty repair on my stereo system (although I expect to hear that they won't fix it under warranty) . . .

My outside speakers sound like crap and with the volume turned up all the way (at 39 on the Jensen) you can't hear them at all if you are standing more than five feet from the trailer.

I thought the outside speakers were cool . . . until I tried to use them.

They are absolutely terrible . . . and a waste of money for both the manufacturer and the purchaser of the RV!!

NewCamperTruck-P9110306.jpg

Now, the inside speakers I've discovered that one of them is blown, but I'm not even going to try and get it replaced under warranty as they are the cheapest speakers imaginable and known to man, so I plan to replace them with a good pair of speakers as soon as the one-year warranty is up on the trailer (tomorrow).