Arizona to Reno nv

yippi

NFL Fans
:cool: planning a trip to Reno in April.2013 was wondering if anyone has done this and can tell me the best route and how the hiways are ( very hilly .. steep hills ) can't decide to go through navada or go calf. way. thinking of death valley stay and yesemitti . have to be in Reno for May 6th . Is there a campground in Reno that you like? pulling a 3670 bighorn with a 3/4 chev dec.

wdk450

Yippi:
There are a lot of questions to be asked to help you. If Yosemite is DEFINITELY on your plans then you must use a route through California (99?) that time of year, as the access from the East side on Highway 120 is normally not plowed of snow until sometime in June.
As a contrast, April in nearby Death Valley can be hot enough to require air conditioning, and all of the NPS camping sites are no hookup. There are 2 private campgrounds in the park with hookups, per RVParkReviews.com .

If you come up through California from Arizona on I-10, there is the 120 miles of L.A. basin traffic congestion to contend with.

I don't think the routes east of the Sierra Nevada have much in the way of difficult grades to contend with, but the California routes would at the Tejon Pass (I-5 Gorman), up the Sierras into Yosemite, and/or up I-80 east of Sacramento to Reno.

BTW April/May is my favorite time for Yosemite - Snowfall is usually over, snowmelt (waterfalls) is usually at its peak, and less crowds as school is not yet out for the summer. Your 3670Rl will be too big for any of the NPS campgrounds IN Yosemite. There are private faclities near (up to 30 miles) from the South, West. and East entrances.

Last edited: