Details:
------------------------------
  • Club Member Event fee: 7.50 each
  • Non-Club Member fee: 7.50 each
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 2/20/2013
  • Potluck time: 2:00 to 2:30 PM

• Event Leader: Herbiesrig(click to contact)

Additional Info:
This event will be in Southern Oaks Community Building. We will be providing Hamburgers and Hot Dogs for the Pot Luck. Please bring a covered dish or dessert. Table settings will be provided. Ice Tea, Coffee and Water provided also.

We will have music provided by "The Winter Texan Band"

Please contact me by Personal Message if you plan on attending so I can have a head count.

We are going to have a great time....

Attendee List:

1. Dan and Karen Halvorsen -- Upper Peninsula, Michigan (KETCHUP, MUSTARD,RELISH, PICKLES)
2. Dave and Mary Hromek -- Wisconsin
3. Lee and Linda McClure -- Tennessee (Sliced Tomatoes, Lettuce and Onions Sliced)
4. Jim and Pat Doggett -- Kansas
5. Jay and Stella Coffman -- Texas (DESSERT)
6. Bob and Connie Sims -- So. Dakota
7. Reggie and Nancy Hromek --Wisconsin
8. Dave and Kathy Jones --IA
9. John and Carol Zurn -- Tennessee -- Potato Salad and Dessert
10. Jim and Nancy Beletti - Tennessee-- Corn Casserole
11. Clarence and Jackie Miller - Illinois -- ??
12. Ron and Eileen Erickson (Yooper) salad and appetizer
13. Bernie & Judi -- St. Charles, Mo ?? (Happykraut)
14. Ted and Nancy Hansen -- Minnesota - Side dish and dessert
Larry and Gayle KuyKendall (Missouri) Chips/Dip and Dessert
17. Don & Monica (Colorado)
18. Steve and Mary Wilson ( Missouri) (Flapper) Covered Dish
19. Jim and Donna Chamberlain, Custer, South Dakota (Baked beans)
20. Chet and Janet Bowman (Pioneer Park - Port Aransas)
21. Joe and Ann Maxwell (Piedmont OK)
22. John and Rana Krussow ...
23. Terry
and Irene Woldring --- (518hog2) Beans
Gary and Diane Knudson (Pioneer Park)

Last edited by a moderator:

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Our Meet and Greet list is growing.. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and having a good time. :p:cool::)

Herbiesrig

Our list is growing for the Meet and Greet Feb. 20th.. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Don & I were wondering how soon we need to contact the RV park for reservations? We are taking our 5th wheel to Elkhart for frame work the first week of Feb, then heading to Texas for the "Sweetheart Rally" in Kerrville and are considering coming down to Rockport after the rally for a few days. We are not sure about vacancies @ that time of year.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to find something in the area. There are a lot of parks in and around Rockport.
Southern Oaks is a PA park, so if you are a member it's half price. Although they have a three or four night limit.
See you in Kerrville.

Peace
Dave

Herbiesrig

I would suggest that you start looking now.. There is Southern Oaks, Aransas Bay, The Palms, Ransom Road in the Aransas Pass area. Hoping to see ya.... It will be lots of fun...

happykraut

Judi and I will be down on the 18th. We have reservations at Bay View, but now I'm having second thoughts. Can anyone recommend a place? Southern Oaks, Drifters and Salt Water Flat are full.

Last edited:

happykraut

You should be able to find something in the area. There are a lot of parks in and around Rockport.
Southern Oaks is a PA park, so if you are a member it's half price. Although they have a three or four night limit.
See you in Kerrville.

Peace
Dave
Just talked to the campground. They will not honor the 50% discount for PA, but will give 10% off.

StarryNight

Don & I are on the "waiting list" @ Southern Oaks. I suppose we can leave the RV in San Antonio (with family) and drive down for the 20th meet & greet. Don's family has a vacation home in Rockport so we could always stay over...decisions, decisions!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Monica, we got reservations at Ancient Oaks in Rockport just yesterday. Try them out!

Last edited:

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
DW an I are thinking of coming down. We need to make a Mexico RX run. We usually go in at Mexicali but since DWs grandma no longer has a winter home in Yuma we are looking for other options.

Is there a "safe" crossing close by? We would love to incorporate a Heartland Event.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Most of the Heartlanders thast live here in the winter go to Progesso and cross. It is about 3 1/2 hours away. Come on and join us Hastey we only bite if you are trying to get our Oysters.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We will look at our winter schedule and see what we can do. I've got a barn to build while I'm home. We do things backwards from you guys. We come home in the winter and do the farm maintenance and work. Leave in the summer when it gets hot here and go to Michigan.

jayc

Rex, we have two events in the valley. Last year, we put together a trip across at Progresso as a group and we can do that again if there is interest. We plan to spend a month down here and then go to the Sweetheart rally in Kerrville, then to the Meet and Greet in Aransas Pass. Hope you can work some or all of this into your schedule.

StarryNight

Thanks to Jay for the heads up about Ancient Oaks...we have a reservation from Feb 18 to 21 (leave that day). Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones:)
Safe travels to all!

jayc

Thats great Monica! It will be good to see you and Don again and your "new" Bighorn.

Herbiesrig

Anyone who is planning on coming to the meet and greet... We have been out looking to see what Rv Campgrounds have opening for the Meet and Greet.. As of today these are the places that have some sites available in the area.

The Lagoons
600 Enterprise Blvd
Rockport, Texas
(361)729-7834 Sites 339 and 341

Coastal Oaks RV Resort
1031 North Hood Street
Rockport, TX 78382

(361) 729-5633 site 312 double site

There is also
Pioneer Park
120 Gulfwind Drive
Port Aransas, TX 78373
(361) 749-6248 This is on the Island and they have alot of sites and I do know what is available..

If you are thinking of coming, call and get a reservation, they fill up fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.