Replacing plastic floor registers

HappyKayakers

After much searching all over the country, we finally found decent replacements for the non-adjustable plastic floor registers that came with our '06 BH 3600RL. We were using plastic utility vents for awhile that allowed us to at least close the vents. But we always worried about stepping on them and breaking through to the ductwork. While in Lowe's last week, we found that we could special order metal, closable registers at the service desk and have them shipped directly to the park we're working at. You should also be able to order online at http://www.accord-air.com/simplicity/simplicity_floorbrown.html

In the pic below, the metal register is installed on the right with the old plastic one on the left. Note that the metal register is slightly smaller in width. You also get to drill your own holes. A drill press would've come in real handy :D

Attachments

• FloorRegisters.jpg
    FloorRegisters.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 260

tdharley

The only problem with metal vents is they get hot. Be careful.Not hot enough to burn but uncomfortable.

It does not usually matter in you home since the vents are usually close to the wall.

Country

I think the reason the metal one didn't have holes is because, in residential HVAC they just sit in the opening in the floor (no screws).

Pulltab

I have purchased them locally at Home Depot and Lowes. Both the open and closeable vents. Seems to me they ran about $4