On the Road and Back after 2 months and 4,200 miles

We just returned from our 4,200 mile vacation from Arizona, Nevada, California and Oregon and back.

We traveled in our MPG 181 being towed by our 2007 Murano 3.6 V6. Our overall average mileage was 14.8 and price of fuel was between $3.65 to $4.50 per gallon. I was advised to use premium fuel and it paid off. My car handled the MPG like butter.

I started with only the anti sway bar but upgraded to the load leveler to level the trailer hitch a little. I believe this and my monitoring of weight improved my overall performance. I made sure the overall weight for the car and trailer did not exceed manufacture requirements. This required my to stay under 8,100 lbs. My MPG never exceeded 3,400 lbs. This was not easy but keeping the holding tanks empty and not carrying much water helped.

No issues with the MPG except the air conditioner is loud when used and the bed is a bit fun getting into and out when your in need of the bathroom at midnight. Our 360 antenna did not work as there is some kind of short from the top. We will get the MPG back to the shop for a few small repairs.

We received several great comments from people seeing the MPG for the first time. Overall, the trip was a fantastic success and more trips will be planned for coming holidays and family gatherings.