4100 King outside speakers

alaska dodge

I have a 4100 King and the outside speakers don't work, I have checked the radios and there are wires for them. Has any other 4100 owner come across this and if so how did you get them working?

tvswain

mine was the same i think I remember, we got our units around the same time. on mine there were wires at the speakers, burt were not at the rear of the garage stereo. Also, there was no output from that same unit to the tv. My dealer ran wires to the speakers and an output for the tv. It was a big job as I did not want any surface run wires. Quality control not to good

haulinem

I have a 4100 King and the outside speakers don't work, I have checked the radios and there are wires for them. Has any other 4100 owner come across this and if so how did you get them working?

I have the same problem with my 4100 King. Had the unit in for service for many other things so I called and told them we couldn't get the outside speakers to work and the service rep said they would show me how to turn them on when I picked up the rig. Went to get it and they couldn't get the speakers to work either. Checked it out and claimed the speakers were fine and the output from the radio was ok so it had to be in the wires somewhere in between. Stated this was a 6-7 hour job tracing the wiring through all the slide looms. I didn't have time to have this done because we were picking the unit up to go to Florida. While in Florida the outlet right of the stove and outlet for the Sony DVD system quit working. May be a coincidence since that wiring is also in the slide, I don't know, but I am taking the unit back to the dealer. Will let you know what they find out.

haulinem

Yes, the garage radio doesn't have any wires hooked up to the rear speaker wire.

According to our regional Heartland service rep, the garage radio fade control turns on the outside speakers. So if you don't have any wires connected to the rear output of the radio this is probably your issue.

I had a similar issue with my speakers in a 2011 North Country. I pulled the speakers and on 3 of 6 the lugs were not crimped on the wires...missed conductor completely. The others were wired out of phase. The Jensen sound system also had an issue...where sometimes the left side would work and the right would not. I pulled the stereo out and looked for solder bridges and FOD. Found several areas that need clean up...used exacto knife and alcohol...works fine since.

dbhutchins

Interesting. The outside speakers on our 3210 were always on. No way to turn 'em off, (we and many others tried everything known to man) but the volume was low, so I ignored it for a while. Eventually I got sick of the problem and just disconnected the speaker wires at the speakers. Do you really want to listen to your TV or Stereo while you're camping? Or bug your neighbors in the RV Park? I don't...