Blistered interior wall

WMV283

We have a 2012 34 STRE and have noticed some blistering on the interior wall below the emergency window leading to the bed room. The dealer tried to reseal the window but has not remied the problem. There are no "drip " marks around the window. The area is above the propane outlet, is it possible for it to be the heat? If anyone has any suggestions of what would cause the blistering and how to fix it , we would love to hear . Thank You

jimtoo

Hi WMV283,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon hopefully with an answer for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

There will be no additional heat around the propane outlet that would cause that. My guess is that there is or was water getting into the interior paneling from the backside which is not sealed as the front is. There is no way to eliminate the bubbles aside from replacing the panel. Upon removal of the panel I am sure there will be staining and evidence of leakage seen on the wooden backing which will help to pinpoint the leak. Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
WMV283,

We had this on our back wall, near the corner, low on the wall. We discovered it within our first year of ownership. Heartland should have a remedy. I'd call Heartland directly and send pics. They can then advise your dealer on the proper repair. In our case, the bottom half of the wall was replaced... covered, under warranty. Did not hear what the "cause" was, but I make sure to maintain the caulking on all three sides (not the bottom) of the back window. (took a while to get the "part" due to size.)

racingzr

I haven't had any damage done, but definitely check your caulking. I had to replace about 2/3 of a tube worth after my first year on our 29BHCK. Mostly around the front cap but on 2 windows as well.