XM Radio Antenna

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Looking for advice for a 2013 BH 3670 RL for my XM Radio antenna. We have an indoor antenna, and the results have been 50/50 all depending on where we parked. Best success with my Keystone was to run a car XM antenna that had zillions of feet of line in through the storage compartment and hamper to the entertainment center.

Anyone have thoughts/success using an outdoor XM radio antenna and getting the wiring to around the entertainment center?

Thanks in advance.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does your coach have an external am/fm antenna? Maybe you could add something following that wiring to the outside wall?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345920738.382476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simsfmly

TravelTiger,

Thanks for the thought. The antenna needs something metallic to attach to, and a fairly good look at the southwest to pick up the bird.

I like what you're thinking, though.

My question is similar. We are planning to buy an 21 fbs and have sirius radio, Travel tiger I see you used to own a 21fbs. Did you ever run any lines

jimtoo

Hi innkeeper21fbs,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
No, sorry, we didn't. Just trying to be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

I carry an "indoor" antenna with me, and just set it up outside near the trailer facing south. I put it in a ziplok bag if there is inclement weather. I have run the cable through windows, either at the bedroom, or the entertainment center. I put an audio cable into the stereo's auxillary input, and leave it hanging out to plug into the XM receiver when I want to.

simsfmly

So far we're living with the indoor antenna on the desk next to the entertainment center. Still has lapses where it just stops picking up the signal for no reason which is frustrating. But, the wife doesn't want a wire running out the window, so I'll just deal with it and hope for better each time we park.