South Texas to N. Cal / Oregon

scottyb

I am planning a 2 1/2 week trip to NorCal / So. OR next May. Google Maps says I-10 to Las Angeles, then I-5 to Oregon is shortest and fastest. I thought there might be a more northerly route but they are all longer in time and miles, as far as I can tell. Is there a good way to bypass LAX, cut the corner so to speak. Any other ideas or knowledge of road conditions, etc.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Scotty,

Add Tehachapi, CA as a point on your route before you get to LA. It will route you up US395 to Hwy 58, through Bakersfield and then over to either I 5 or US 99, to points North.

There are a few hills, but it is worth it. You will avoid LA and a lot of stress. PM me if you need specifics. Trace

scottyb

Perfect. That's just what I was looking for. Looks like San Bernardino take 215N to 15N to 395 to 58

boatdoc

Perfect. That's just what I was looking for. Looks like San Bernardino take 215N to 15N to 395 to 58

Don't hit that 215 to 15 in the afternoon. Real bad on Friday's with the SoCal people headed to Vegas. The 395 is full of signals now till about 10 miles out then it's clear sailing to 58.