New 3110 Lack of Kitchen cabinets and entry closet

tammyinwv

We just bought a Cyclone 3110, and have been placing things from our old camper into this new one. My old one was loaded with cabinets. The 3110 is very lacking in this area, however I dont think anymore could have been put in. We havent yet taken our first trip, but the layout seems to be perfect. I do think the entry closet could be re-designed a bit to help here tho. My old camper had a small entry closet that we used as a pantry. I dont see an entry "closet" as much use. Things that one would store here (such as jackets, flashlights etc) could easily be stored elsewhere. But you "need" more kitchen storage. After putting plates,bowls, and glasses in cabinet above bar. Toaster, garbage bags etc under sink, pans under stove, and bakeware under fridge, that only left the small narrow cabinet beside the fridge to store some empty pitchers,cereal boxes etc. I would have preferred the 12 cf fridge here instead of this narrow pantry. Which brings up another idea. My old camper had a narrow pantry similar to this with pull out metal shelving. Made it so much easier to get to things.
If shelving were to be installed in the entry closet only from the raised back up to the ceiling, one could store mop and broom in front, and food etc on the shelves. We plan on installing these shelves ourselves shortly.
Tammy

Just bought a 3110 Cyclone too, yes more cabinets would be great, putting shelves in the closet is on my list to do. I have the 12 CF fridge, so I don't have the narrow cabinet by the fridge, what about the area to the right of the drawers under the sink? looks like unused space, yes I know the slide moves over this area, something to think about.
Steve.

jtbarb

We are prospective cyclone buyers and decided against this model for that reason. we are now considering the 300c.

danemayer

We are prospective cyclone buyers and decided against this model for that reason. we are now considering the 300c.

Hi jtbarb,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information here as you consider what to purchase. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's a great bunch of people here who I'm sure will be happy to help wherever they can.

Just got around to adding shelves to closet, made from cedar cut form trees on my land.

Attachments

• RRNM43777 495.jpg
    RRNM43777 495.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 98
  • RRNM43777 494.jpg
    RRNM43777 494.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 92
  • RRNM43777 493.jpg
    RRNM43777 493.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 106